Saturday, June 20, 2015

Watercolor Doily Card

Well, holy smokes!!  Two posts in one weekend!!  Like I said in my last post, I've been lazy, so I guess now I'm making up for it!!  Actually, I've bought some pretty amazing goodies over the last little while and am feeling very crafty again...lost the mojo for awhile, but inspiration came in the mail!!
This card all started with a messy sketch, something I don't do often.
 I knew I wanted to use the Mini Delicate Doily dies from MFT and inlay them. So, I lined them up and cut them out.
So now I had plain white doilies, which I thought would look good!  But they didn't. So I cut them again from watercolor paper and used Distress Inks in pinks, yellows and blues and the "smooshing" technique to color them.


Now, while I was doing this, I had no idea I was making a mess on my card panel:
So, that just meant that my banner would be strategically placed.  Worked out well (better, in fact) in the end.  I placed my doilies into their respective places and stamped my sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Handwritten Encouragement stamp set on a Sketchy Banner die (also, Simon Says Stamp) and well, I wasn't blown away.   It was just so plain!! The vision I had at the start was not happening.
But I pushed through!  I took out my NEW Essentials By Ellen die set Wild Garden and cut a few elements out of black cardstock and placed them in and around the doilies.

The doilies were adhered with foam adhesive and the flowers were adhered straight to the panel with liquid glue.  No card is complete without a bit of Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen and a few enamel dots!  Here is the finished card:

Sorry about the lighting!! I just noticed how "pink" it is!!!

Hope you enjoyed!!

Stay crafty, my friends!

Laurie










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...