Saturday, May 26, 2018

Day Two of the Studio Katia 2nd Anniversary Blog Hop!!



Studio Katia is celebrating their 2nd Anniversary and I am beyond thrilled to be a part of this celebration!! I've been a fan of this Canadian company since it arrived on the scene two years ago and my love for the products keeps getting stronger!!

We are celebrating this anniversary with a New Release and it's incredible!!  6 new Clear Stamp Sets,  4 sets of Co-ordinating dies, 4 new stand-alone Creative Dies, 2 new stencils and of course, new embellishments!!!

You should have arrived from the incredibly talented CAROL and your next stop with be the beautiful KRISTINA!!  If you get lost along the way, a full list of the hoppers will be at the end of this post!  Also, stay tuned for information on the incredible giveaways!!!

My cards feature a "Sea" theme for you today using all new products!!  I made 4 cards in total but seriously could have kept going!!  Let's take a look, shall we??

My first card features the mini stamp set, Shell-ebration as well as its co-ordinating dies. The star of this stamp set is the cutest little turtle who's ready to party! But in this case, he just wants say "I love you"!


I created the window with one of the dies from the Dotted Frames: Scalloped Frames Die Set.  This easily could have been made into a shaker but I wanted the embossed waves to really shine! And speaking of those waves, they were created using the new Brush Stroke Wave Stencil and Silver Pearl Embossing powder.


The elements such as the seaweed, coral and little crab come from the brand new Under the Sea stamp set.  This set also has a matching set of dies available and I'll show you more now!!


Again, I created a little window scene using the Brushstroke Waves Stencil, an oval die from the Dotted Ovals and a couple colours of Distress Ink.  That puffer fish is my favourite from the set and  is so cute paired with the fish hook and tiny worm!!


Of course, no sea themed card is complete without bubbles so I added a few Iridescent Bubbles.  Clean and simple but really cute!  I made one more card that really shows off this stamp set!!  What is so different about this set is that is does not have a whale in it! It has something way cooler...a stingray!!  I googled stingrays before I started colouring to get an idea of what colours they were! And look what I found!  A polka dot stingray!!!


Naturally, I went with that :)  I got a bit more "fancy" with this card and created a watercolour background complete with water splatters.  


I used the birthday hat from the Kobi the Birthday Bear Set as the scale was perfect!!  White Nuvo drops were added over top of white gel pen for a bit of dimension and some March Crystals add some sparkle!!


Of course, my next project had to be a shaker and the new Seashell Shaker Die is perfect for this!!

I created a background with the Brushstroke Waves Stencil and Distress Inks.  I white heat embossed a sentiment which is from the Shell-ebration set.


Instead of using foam tape to build up the shaker, I die cut several of these dies and layered them together and then placing a silver glitter die cut on top!!  I used the brand new Dots Chunky Confetti Glitter, Diamond Sparkle Stars and some Silver Seed Beads for the shaker bits.  The sentiment from the Shell-ebration stamp set works perfectly for this card.  


I had a blast creating with these new goodies and I expect you will too!!!

Blog Hop Giveaway!!!!

Studio Katia is giving away TWO $100 CAD gift certificates on each day of the hop, that's FOUR chances to win!!  Winners will be chosen randomly from the comments left on EACH blog in the hop! Make sure to leave comments by June 2nd, 2018 11:59pm EST. Winners will be announced on the Studio Katia Blog on June 3rd, 2018!!  Good luck!!!!

Here's the complete Blog Hop List for today!!

Laurie...YOU ARE HERE:)



Thank you so much for stopping in today and thank you to Studio Katia for letting me be a part of this incredible hop!!!!

Laurie








90 comments:

  1. Your cards are adorable. I love the polkadot stingray. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAVORITES!!! I LOVE ALL OF THESE! So bright and GREAT COLORING! All the little embellishments are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and
    love the shaker
    and the polka
    dot stingray!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are wonderful! I love the different textures and backgrounds. That polka dot stingray is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your collection of cards, so cute and lots of ideas rolling around in my head! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. your Cards are all so cute! I really like the way you pull a desing together with the use of a window. I often struggle with the desing/layout of my stamped elements. Thanks you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative. Love them. Great release. Happy 2nd birthday Studio Katia

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all wonderful. Really? Polka Dot stingray!!! Who knew? Now I do, so thanks for the science lesson! I definitely have to get some of that embossing powder (the pearl)--it's the perfect one for this watery background. And that little puffer fish is still cracking me UP! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous fabulous cards!!! Love your backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are awesome! Nature is amazing, who know there were polka dotted Rays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome cards! I loved how you stenciled the wave diagonally on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A polka dot stingray!!?? Such cute cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You cards are so sweet! I love the little vignettes you create and such fun details - like the spots on the shark and his hat, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! I love hooked on you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the ray card - OK...I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so lovely colors in your cards

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards are adorable and very colorful. My favorite is the sea shell shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh My Gosh !! Totally terrific cards. I especially love your shaker card and your polka dot stingray. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cards! Love the Sea sets that Studio Katia has released!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are all so cute. They all made me giggle. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing cards!! I just love this ocean set!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhhhh, the shell card is my fave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really cute cards and love the details of color and cutting techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW.. such fun cards! Love your creativity with your sting ray! He looks fabulous! Congrats SK on 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love how you used the dies to frame your critters!

    ReplyDelete
  26. All of your cards are lovely! I especially liked your clamp shaker card, very creative! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous collection of cards! I think the stingray is my favorite from this whole release. It's so unique and I LOVE how you colored it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love how the waves were made in the first card. And, I love shaker cards!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow!!Gorgeous set of cards... LOve the way you have used your dies..

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning set of cards, love your sea backgrounds, my favourite in the set has to be the gorgeous stingray.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well Laurie, you certainly DID have a blast making these and no wonder. Look at the goodies you had to work WITH! Love the window cards they are so fun and the polka dotted stingray is too cute. Your 'shell shaker' could not be any sweeter, the colours are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fantastic bundle of cards !!
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your cards rock ! I do love the embossed waves !! Great great ideas : Your sting ray is so lovely too ... Beautiful work, congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. All of these cards are great. Learned that there is a polka dot stingray too.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your cards are fantastic. Love all the backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow you really went all out on these cards. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love all of your amazing sea creature cards! They are all adorable and each one is so detailed and fun! Thanks for being a part of this fun hop!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  38. SQUEAL!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your BEAUTIFUL Cards!! SUCH AWESOME Designs!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and hope you have a FABULOUS Memorial Day WEEKEND!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. That stencil is so versatile! Love the sparkle, too.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lovely cards! Really like the backgrounds you created and the versatility of the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  41. These are all awesome! That polka dot stingray is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love these underwater scenes you created! The shell die is awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I really like all these sea creatures. The blowfish is my favorite. Thanks for sharing your sweet cards.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I really like all these sea creatures. The blowfish is my favorite. Thanks for sharing your sweet cards.

    ReplyDelete
  45. What fantastic cards! It’s hard to choose a favorite. This release has so many must haves I can’t make up my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love all of your cards, they're in theory simple, but all really fantastically designed and put together - super cool! I love them all, I guess the first one is my favourite, but it's a hard call!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow! Awesome cards!!!
    Your sea themed creations are so stinkin’ cute!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  48. You just nailed these!! They are all so beautifully done and the colors so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow that was SO creative of you to use the seashell shaker and die cut it twice to form that beautiful whole-shell window for your first project with that adorable turtle! I love being able to stretch my supplies but I would have never thought to do this - so unique thank you for sharing your creativity with us!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow all of your cards are so different and so creative. I really love them all. I definitely need the stencil when it is back in stock, love how you have used it on your cards as it really is a fabulous touch to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  51. So many fun and creative cards! Love that background on the first one especially! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love all of your cards! I couldn't possibly chose a favorite because the are all so cute! Thank you so much for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I'm completely hooked on your array of showcases, Laurie! Soooo innovative, cute, fun and all-around charming!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  54. What great cards. Love the spotty stingray! That puffer fish is just so cute. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Beautiful cards. I love your uses of the Brush Stroke Wave Stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Oh my goodness, these are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  57. This stamp set is totally adorable! Love your cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. 4 adorable cards. One is cuter than the next. I really like your clean and simple style. Love your backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  59. What an amazing array of cards you've created for this hop - different but similar and I love that polka dot stingray! xx

    ReplyDelete
  60. Your cards are gorgeous. I am going to have to pick up this stamp set.... I love these critters and they just make me smile.
    Take care
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  61. Hi Laurie, I love all your cards. The they are so fun. Perfect for summer time and different occasions. Thank you for sharing and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Laurie! So cute! I especially love the polka dot stingray too! who would have thought that they can be polka dotted too!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Wonderful creations! Love the polka dot sting Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  64. So much creativity. So many ideas

    ReplyDelete
  65. Beautiful cards and I love the sparkle on the seashell and all the cute little scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Cute cards. I like how you used the wave stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Wow !! Your set of cards is so awesome !! Love them all !
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  68. Wow these cards are so creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Wow, I love your set of cards! The whole sea theme is so cute and the wave stencil is fabulous! Your shaker card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Fantastic cards! So adorable and creative. Wonderfully executed.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Your stingray is to die for! Luckily we are on land and he is not real... but what an awesome job you did coloring him! Love the fine details you added to your cards; that really make your appreciate the card maker who took the time to make such special cards. I like your sparkly seashell card and the iridescent waves in your first card! Some really great pieces and thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  72. All of your cards are so precious! I love the subtlety of that first card with the soft 'waves' you embossed. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  73. What a great idea to layer die cuts instead of fun foam! I'm glad I don't have to pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  74. What an incredible set of cards!!! So many fun details on each one! I especially love the first one with the embossed waves!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Fun and beautiful! Love that stingray. This is such a great stamp set and I love the wave stencil. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Lovely cards...thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Love the polka dot ray 😍 and the shell shaker 😍

    ReplyDelete
  78. Fabulous cards! Love all the different backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Your cards are fantastic. Love the colours you chose for each of them. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Gratitude for sharing 2nd Anniversary Blog Hop! I am really impressed with this post because have got so many inspirations. I would be hosting a get together with my blog readers for celebrating the success of my blog. Planning to book some local home studios NYC for this bash and will send DIY invites to the guests.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...