Friday, January 1, 2016

Valentine Season is Here!!

Hello everyone!!  Well, Christmas is over for another year and that can only mean one thing...its time to start Valentines Day cards!!!  I think this is my favorite time for card making!!  I get bored with Christmas trees and pinecones and holly quickly.  I NEVER get bored with flowers and hearts and cute critters!!!
I recently received an order from Paper Smooches...I had a couple of gift certificates to spend!!  I got a couple of older sets and their new Love Word 2 die.

I started by blending Distress Inks on watercolour paper in the shades Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry going from light to dark.  I blended just enough that the word die would fit.


Now, this is the reason why I LOVE this die...

There are so many ways to use this!!  I ended up using the positive love but look at the negative pieces!!  The negative letters are awesome..will definitely use those in a later project!

I wanted to try some inlaid die-cutting (haven't done it in awhile) so I got out the Frame 3 die and adhered the Love die in the centre and ran it through my Cuttlebug.


It cut "just" enough for the word to fit!!  I ended up adhering it into place with some small foam squares on each end.  The centre part of the word is just floating..I don't have the patience to cut tiny pieces of foam squares!!  I may have to be a hand delivered card :)


I should also mention I sponged lightly around the edges of the frame with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink.  I wanted to stamp a little "you" below the love but inside the frame.  I dug through my Paper Smooches stamps because I love the font!  I found a small "you" and masked off the surrounding sentiment.

I also drew a little mark where I wanted to stamp.

Next I colored in a cute little bird from the My Peeps stamp set with my Spectrum Noir markers and die cut it with the co-ordinating die.  I adhered him above the frame with a little ink blended die cut heart and finished the card off with some Sparkling Clear Mix Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.



Hope you like it!!
Have an amazing day and oh yeah,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Laurie















1 comment:

  1. Absolutely adorable!! That die is fabulous!! Love the soft colours of the pinks and then the bright yellow of the bird. Beautifully done - and I'm impressed. I can't think beyond New Year!! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...