Saturday, March 12, 2016

Spring Flowers by Simon Says Stamp

Hello everyone!!  It seems like forever since I've shared a personal blog post (nothing DT related)!!

I wanted to share a card I made using the Simon Says Stamp Spring Flowers stamp set from their Reason to Smile Release.  When I saw this set I knew I had to have it!!

I started by heat embossing the images with Ranger Silver Pearl Embossing Powder (LOVE THIS STUFF) onto some black cardstock.  I then cut the centre of the panel out using the Simon Says Stamp  Postage Stamp Edge Dies.


On the cut out piece I partially coloured the images with a white pencil and a blending pencil...wow, this worked so well!!

I adhered the negative piece of the die flush to my card base and foam mounted the positive piece back in...PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I'M GETTING THE POSITIVE/NEGATIVE THING RIGHT!!  I GET SO CONFUSED WITH THAT :)

After looking at the card I decided it needed a bit of color, so I placed a few Mint Green Gumdrops from Your Next Stamp.  

 I also just got the Tilted Banner Sayings and co-ordinating dies (love this set), and decided to make this a Thank-You card.



As you can see, the effect is very subtle. I did add some glitter using the Crafter's Companion Clear Sparkle Overlay brush pen.

Here is a list of products I used:






Thank you SO much for stopping by today!!

Stay Crafty, my friends!!









1 comment:

  1. It's beautifully done. I love the highlighting on the middle piece - I think you've got the positive/negative thing right :) Love the look of that embossing powder - a little more muted than the bright white I use most of the time. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...