Sunday, June 19, 2016

Rainbow World!

Hello everyone!! I'm finally back with a post!  Today I used one of my favourite stamp sets of ALL TIME...Origami Map from Neat and Tangled.  This is such a unique stamp set and I had one particular idea in mind.  No line watercolour with my Derwent Inktense Pencils.  It is such a shame, but I haven't used them in awhile :(

I first stamped the image in Antique Linen Distress Ink onto some Strathmore Watercolor Paper.  I chose the following colours:  Mustard, Violet, Sun Yellow, Iris Blue, Apple Green, Fuchsia and Teal Green.


Behind the pencils, is the coloured and die cut image..sorry I didn't get an "in progress" shot!  I was in the colouring zone and totally forgot.

Here is a closer view:


I ended up spritzing the map with a mixture of water and Perfect Pearls to give it some shimmer.  It looked ok but didn't really "wow" me.  So I remembered a technique that Yana Smakula showed on her blog.  It was using embossing ink and clear embossing powder over your entire image to make it POP.  And it worked!!


It's hard to see in the photo, but it is super shiny and has locked all the shimmer underneath!

I used the die cut on a piece of black fun foam and adhered the image on top with Tombow Mono Multi Glue. 

 I cut a panel using a stitched frame die from My Favourite Things in the same color as my card base and a scalloped oval die (also, MFT) out of a piece of grey cardstock (Stampin'Up).  
I cut one of the sentiments from the set and manipulated them to arc around the oval..my Mini Misty worked great for this!!


And here is the final result...



I wish I could capture the sparkle and shine on camera, but take my word for it, it's there!!

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed!

Hugs!

Laurie






1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely fabulous! I love the colours on the map - I'm a big fan of Inktense pencils and I haven't used mine in a while either. It's so striking and I love the whole layout, with it popped up on the oval panel. Lovely job. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...