Sunday, October 11, 2015

Mixing It Up with WPlus9

Hi everyone!!  I'm back with a card for Ellen Hutson Mix It Up Challenge.  This time around, you are to use Ellen Hutson products along with WPlus9 products!!  As you all know, I am a huge fan of this challenge!!


I decided on the BeYoutiFul die from Ellen Hutson and the Paisley Patterns stamp set from Wplus9.
I chose 7 ink colors from Simon Says Stamp...Doll Pink, JellyBean, Scuba, Green Leaf, Rosie Cheeks, Wisteria and a tiny bit of Slate.

I started by doing a bit of test run to make sure the colors were going to look ok.

Then I stamped my entire background.  I didn't really have a concrete plan in my head but I didn't really expect it to be so "busy"...but hey, let's just go with it, shall we?? 

 To break things up a bit I thought maybe a die cut window would be good, so I used a My Favourite Things Double Stitched Ovals Die.  Then thought I would use the Sunshine Layers Dies to cut the panel (sorry, I couldn't link to it..it is currently out of stock).  I used the pretty scalloped frame!

So, this is when I started to think that I messed up, I basically die cut the focal point out of my  background, that large, beautiful paisley.  Ok, let's think about this...I knew that background was busy, but I didn't want to lose that middle piece.  I ended up die-cutting the BeYouTiFul in the centre of the oval...let's inlay die cut, shall we??
I should mention that this was my first card base.  Scrapped that pretty quickly!!
Yes, the back is very ugly.

I ended up cutting two extra BeYouTiFul pieces from thick, black cardstock, for a bit of dimension, adhered it into the negative space (and can you believe I had all the tiny bits of the sentiment saved?!?).  And no card of mine is complete without some Clear Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents!!  I also put some tiny rhinestones and silver sequins, yes, sequins!!  I kind of have a love/hate thing going on with them...they're pretty but I'm terrible at placement!!  Aaaaanyway, here's the finished card...(I still think its on the "busy" side, but let's call it done!!)



Hope you enjoyed!!  I'm off to have some leftover chicken from today's Thanksgiving feast!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!!

Until next time,
Stay Crafty!!

Laurie



4 comments:

  1. This is incredibly beautiful!!! I love every single thing about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! The result of a lot of hard work. I love the centre panel raised up. Beautiful. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...