Monday, August 1, 2016

Wplus9 Lacey Layers Card

Hello everyone!!  I'm here to show you another card I created during the 30 Day Coloring Challenge hosted by Kathy Racoosin from The Daily Marker.  I have to admit I have missed, I think, two days.  Better than the last challenge, though!!

Today's inspiration/idea came from Julia from Just One More Card. I have never tried this technique before and I have decided, I absolutely love it!!  It's colouring on kraft cardstock using alcohol based markers.

I picked up some fairly inexpensive alcohol markers at Michaels.
Pretty Colors
Bullet nib and Extra fine tip


The stamp set I chose was  Lacey Layers from WPlus9.  I love Dawn's products so much!!  Anyway, on to the coloring!  I first found a scrap of kraft cardstock, which happened to be Neenah Desert Storm 80lb.  I stamped a few images and started to experiment with a few colors.
The die cut will come into play in a bit!

I decided on the green and pink and the orange and turquoise.  I then stamped by panel and started colouring.  I alternated the colors on each layer.

After I finished the panel, and of course not planning where the sentiment would be, that's when I die cut the above layer out.  I hadn't done any inlaid die cutting in awhile so I thought this would be a cool way for the sentiment to be noticeable on the card.


I stamped the "perfect" word greeting from the That Is All stamp set and cut it out with the co-ordinating die.  I also positioned the die in the already cut layer and ran that through my Big Shot.


I then, simply flipped the image over and adhered the two pieces together with Scotch Tape.


I foam mounted the sentiment on top of my panel, then stamped the "I think you're" onto a scrap of white cardstock, which I didn't like so ended up using more kraft.  I added some sparkle using my Crafter's Companion Glitter pens to the centres of each lacey layer and to the "perfect".

And here is the finished card!!!




I hope you enjoyed! And I hope whoever is involved in this colouring challenge is loving it like I am!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Laurie


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card...how do you find these alcohol markers? Do they blend well?
    jeandonny2000 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mary-Anne!! I really like these markers, actually!! They blend great and the fine tip really comes in handy. I'd recommend them!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...