Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Paper Smooches Guest Designer Entry

Hello everyone!!  So, this is a very last minute entry into the Paper Smooches Guest Designer Search for December 2017!  I love me some Paper Smooches so I thought what a great way to have a play with some stamps and dies AND possibly get to be a guest designer!!



One of my all time favourite PS sets is Chubby Chum Pals.  That moose gets me every time:)  I also used leaf images from the Natural Beauties stamp set.  All the images were stamped with Versamark ink onto watercolour paper and heat embossed using a combination of Zing Chestnut and Brown Sugar Embossing powders.  Just a side note on those powders..I've had these for ages and have never used them.  They are a chunkier powder that seems to emboss nicely but they smell terrible!!! Seriously, almost toxic smelling!!  So embossing powders go bad??

Anyway, let's have a look at the card I created!  After, using my Tombow Dual Brush Pens to do some simple watercolour, I used the co-ordinating dies, here and here to cut everything out.


I then cut out the Frame 2 die to act as a backdrop for my moose.  I used Broken China and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks to add the colour.  After making a dry run on how to place the images, I decided I needed that super sweet bird, also from the Natural Beauties set, to sit on the moose's head!

I adhered almost everything with foam adhesive to add some great dimension.  For the sentiment, I used the one that always makes me smile!  The "I miss your face" comes from  the Fun & Flirty stamp set, which is one of my all time favourite sentiment sets!

I added a little extra detail with a white gel pen, Clear Wink of Stella (which is impossible to see here) and Glossy Accents!


Thank you for stopping by today!! 

Until next time...

Laurie



1 comment:

  1. Got to love a moose! He’s super fun and I love how all the colours work so well together. I have no idea about smelly embossing powder. It’s just tiny bits of plastic isn’t it? Wonder if because it is older, the recipe isn’t older and it uses some smellier stuff. Never had problem with any of my Wow stuff. You live you learn! Fingers crossed on the GD spot, of course they should pick you! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...