Sunday, September 15, 2019

MFT's 2019 Card Design Superstar Challenge!

Hi everyone and welcome back!  I've decided to enter the MFT 2019 Card Design Superstar Challenge!! This is always daunting as there are so many talented card makers out there!


Last year I entered the Clean and Simple category but white space isn't my forte, haha!  So, this time around I thought I'd enter into the Colouring Virtuoso category. Now, I do not possess an outstanding technical ability (I totally googled the meaning of virtuoso, hahahaha) in colouring. But as I sat down to create this card, I thought it leaned more towards colouring than CAS.


I decided to make a shaped card using some older, oval dies from MFT. The Stitched Mini Scallop Ovals the Double Stitched Oval (which appear to not be available anymore).  I created the base by die cutting 2 of the scalloped ovals, scoring one about 3/4 inch from the top and adhering them together.  

I stamped the flower from the Beautiful Bloom Stamp Set with Versamark Ink then used clear embossing powder over top.  I watercoloured it using the Vintage Pastels set from Prima in the colour    Breezy. I added a bit of Stone Grey to the centre and an even more watered down version of the same colour around the outside of the flower.

I used the Double Stitched Oval Die to cut a portion of the image and layered it onto the card base. It was at this point I decided it needed a popped up frame. I nested the Double Stitched Oval die inside the Scalloped Oval Die and ran it through my die cutting machine to create the frame. I used foam tape to adhere it and give it more dimension.


Before adhering the sentiment, I decided to add some flicks of a darker colour using coloured pencils in 2 shades of green. This really made the image pop and gave it some much needed detail!  The sentiment comes from the Essential Sentiments Stamp Set.  Before calling this card done, I added a few Sparkling Clear sequins.


Thank you so much for stopping by!  

Laurie





1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful and elegant. Thank you for joining in the Superstar Contest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...