Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Pinkfresh Studio Sketch Challenge

Welcome back! Today I've decided to participate in the current challenge over at Pinkfresh Studio Blog. This month they have a sketch to play along with.


Sketch challenges always get my creative juices flowing. Sometimes, I will follow it to a tee, other times I'll try to put a little spin on it.  This is what I came up with:


I started by doing some no-line colouring of the Leafy Decor Stamp with my Derwent Inktense Pencils. I haven't used these in ages! I used the co-ordinating die to cut the image out.

I actually had the Essential Braided Tag Die already cut out and just sitting on my desk. So, I layered my coloured florals onto one edge of it. I took a piece of white cardstock and used a stitched rectangle die to cut it out. I used some Peacock Feather Distress Ink around the edges as the white on white on white was a bit too....white.


Before adhering the die cut sentiment, I used the same Peacock Feather Ink to add a few splatters.
The sentiment is from the Classic Words Die Set. Again, I inked it up with the same distress ink.

I adhered everything to a white card base and added a few sequins. It was at this point, I decided to add the sub sentiment which come from the Leafy Decor set.


Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my creation for today!

See you soon!

Laurie









2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful coloring!! Thanks for playing along with our April challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful no line coloring! And I love the soft blue hues on the base and the word! The splatters look great as well! Thanks for joining us at Pinkfresh Studio April Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...