Saturday, April 11, 2020

Spring Fling Challenge with Gina K Designs!

Hello and welcome back! Having a lot more time on my hands means being able to participate in card challenges!  I'm finding that being stuck at home has really hindered my creativity and these challenges are an awesome way to fire that mojo back up!

I'm playing along with the Spring Fling Challenge over on the Gina K Designs blog. You really need to check out the inspiration on that page...incredible!


I used the Bold and Blooming Stamp Set for my card today. This is the very first Gina K stamp set I ever got and was hooked ever since! 



I die cut a circle out of Strathmore Mixed Media Paper and lined one of the images along the edge to get just a partial image. I moved the stamp slightly and stamped once more. I made sure not to get the same part of the stamp! I used Versamark Ink and gold embossing powder.

It's been awhile since I used my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush markers so I whipped those out. This is such an easy way to watercolour. And fast!! Because the image is heat embossed, you don't have to worry about going out of the lines.


Once everything was dry, I gold heat embossed the "hello" which is also from the same set.  I layered the painted circle onto a Scalloped Circle Die from Lawn Fawn cut out of kraft cardstock. I love the way gold and kraft look together!

I popped the circles onto a 4.25 X 4.25 white card base and added a few clear sequins to finish it off!



Thank you so much for dropping by this morning! Be well and be safe!

Happy Easter!

Laurie





1 comment:

  1. Your card is beautiful. I have this set and will give this technique a try with it!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...