Friday, February 18, 2022

Ink Blot Shop - Spotlight Technique!

 Hello, friends! It's been awhile, right?! I hope all is well wherever you might be! I've been ignoring my blog for so long but am going to try my best to start posting more!!

I recently had the honour of making the Ink Blot Shop design team! I'm very excited because Tifany, the owner, has some of the sweetest and UNIQUE stamps and stencils out there!! So, I thought we'd kick things off with one of my fave techniques...the spotlight technique!


This, to me, always packs a punch! And in this example, it's so easy.  I started by making a 4X4 inch card base. The layer on top was cut to 3.75X3.75. I stamped this cute floral image from the Botanical Border Stamp Set across the bottom of the layer. 

I took a couple of heart dies and cut out three different spots of the image. All I had to do was colour in the heart themselves. I used alcohol markers to do this.


I glued down the stamped panel to the card base. You could inlay the coloured pieces with a flat adhesive but I chose to pop them up. I took the same heart dies to cut out some craft foam. I adhered the foam hearts in place on the card, then glued the coloured portions on top. This extra step really makes a statement!


The sentiment comes from the same set. Now, because I just couldn't resist, I added a generous helping of Nuvo Crystal Glaze to each heart. That shine is everything!!

I hope you enjoyed this simple spotlight technique! Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you back here soon!!

Laurie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...