Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Monochromatic Card ft. Ink Blot Shop

Good day!! I hope everyone is fairing well these days!!  I don't know about you but my mental health is taking a beating these days. While all I want to do is ignore the goings on and live in a tiny bubble, I know that isn't possible. Thank goodness for my craft space is all I can say!

Todays project may reflect slightly on my mood.


I decided I wanted to try to create a shadowy and slightly dark scene using my Cool Grey Copics. This stamp comes from the Landscape Border Stamp Set from The Ink Blot Shop.  I used C9 all the way to C1.

Now while I wanted a "darker" scene, I also wanted to add some brightness to show hope and happiness! I took a couple of the single, flower images from the Botanical Border Set and coloured 2 in grey and 1 in bright yellow (Y17, Y15, Y13). The tiny, yellow flower made me so happy, I decided to add a little yellow heart as part of the sentiment!

The sentiment comes from a mini set called Spaced Out Greetings. I love the fact that it is so spaced out because you can easily cut each word apart and place where desired!


I trimmed around the tree, border stamp and foam mounted it to a white card base. I also foam mounted the sentiment. To make the yellow bit pop a wee bit more, I added some sparkle pen and Nuvo Crystal Glaze.

When I started this card, I thought maybe it would be a little too sad but in the end, I think it is quite happy! Thanks to that hopeful, yellow flower!

Thanks for stopping by!  Take care!

Laurie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...