Monday, September 7, 2015

Ellen Hutson Mix It Up & Card Share

Hi all!!  Sorry it's been awhile.  My crafty mojo has been on hiatus, but it may have returned.  I wanted to share my card entry for the current Ellen Hutson Mix it Up Challenge.  This challenge involves using products from Impression Obsession.

I literally have three products from IO..two background stamps and a tiny bow die...this was indeed a challenge!
I actually made three cards using these products.  There is something I love about each one but none of them "blew me away".  But I had to pick one to enter...and this is it!!

I used the Wish Big stamp set from Ellen Hutson and the Zebra background stamp from Impression Obsession.
Here are a couple of my other tries:

I used Mondo Magnolia (Ellen Hutson) stamps/dies and the Beauty Text background stamp (IO) for the top card and Bohemian Garden and again, the Beauty Text background for the bottom card.

Hope you enjoyed!!

Stay Crafty xx

6 comments:

  1. wonderful set of cards... love the zebra stripes on the hippo... too cute! and the magnolia is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet comments, Rosemary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I've just discovered your inspirational blog. Great stuff. The magnolia is fantastic. Have you embossed it on vellum? How have you colored it?

    Kerstin from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kerstin!! So happy you stumbled upon my little slice of the Internet!! Thank you for your kind comments! Yes, I silver embossed the magnolia stamp on vellum, then used the broad tip of an alcohol marker (I use spectrum noir) and basically just smeared ink on the back side of the image. Easy peasy!! Glad you liked it and thanks for stopping by!! XX

      Delete
    2. Thanks for coming back so soon and for sharing your technique. I might CASE it this weekend with another flower stamp (and credit you of course!). Do you hink Promarker pens work just as well as Spectrum noir?

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. PS Loved the hip zebra too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...