Friday, December 23, 2016

Rainbow Hello

Welcome back!!  Today I'm sharing a card I made for Studio Katia!!  I know winter has officially just begun and its not quite Christmas but I'm ready to put my Winter/Christmas supplies away.  I'm ready for florals and bright colors!!  So I did just that!!



I picked out some fun, cheerful colors and used the skinniest brushstroke from the Brushstrokes stamp set.  I used my Misti for this as I knew I would be double stamping.  I did remove the stamp each time because I wanted and imperfect, random look.  I then used the largest die from the Darling Ribbon and Dotted Frames Die Set.  I love the dot detail these dies give.

After the stamping was done, I had a hard time deciding on the sentiment.  I first heat embossed in white the "hello" word from the Duo Talk set on a scrap piece of black cardstock.


I liked it but thought it needed just a bit more...so I die cut one of the speech bubbles from the Stitched Duo Speech Bubbles from white cardstock.


Now this I thought was just too stark and covered up too much of the happy background.  I ended up die cutting the same speech bubble directly from the panel...this always makes me nervous:)  I also die cut it from a piece of white fun foam to add dimension.


The dimension of the inlaid speech bubble adds interest to an otherwise simple card.  To finish it off, I added a generous layer of glitter pen over all the brushstrokes and added some Jet Black Sequins in various sizes (this is a fusion mix).


That's it for me today!!  Hope you enjoyed.  And I want to wish everyone a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Laurie





3 comments:

  1. Cute! Love the bright colors and your speech bubble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fab! I'm so glad you took the chance and die cut the speech bubble as it really gives it lift. You can never have too much glitter pen! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...