Saturday, July 21, 2018

Christmas in July Blog Hop with Scrap 'N Stamp Canada!!

Welcome, my crafty friends to the Christmas in July Blog Hop for Scrap 'N Stamp Canada!! You should have arrived from Tara at the SNS Blog. Don't worry if you get lost along the way, there will be the full line up at the end of this post!!



I know that it's very hard to think about Christmas right now, but Oh What Fun I had making a Christmas card!!  It was nice to have a break from stamping summer-y scenes!!

I used the Globe Greetings Stamp Set and co-ordinating Dies from Concord and 9th for my card today.  This is not a Christmas set but when paired with other products and using traditional Christmas colours, it works perfectly!!!

I chose kraft, red and lots of white embossing for my colour palette. I'm going through a bit of a "kraft phase" right now. Absolutely love the look of it!

I started by embossing the globe stand with gold embossing powder directly onto a kraft card panel.  I die cut the circle (included in the co-ordinating dies) out of white cardstock and then using white embossing powder and Versamark, I used the "land image" to stamp. I use a light blue ink to ink blend over the top of the stamping for the embossed resist look!


The Globe Greetings die set has flowers, leaves and a super cute banner. I used them all!! I already had all my red flowers stamped before I realized that the dies are solid so I ended up fussy cutting everything out. I foam mounted the banner and flowers to the globe and added the leaves with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive


I die cut the MFT Word Die "Joy" out of white cardstock and used the same ink I used for the flowers to add some colour.  Before adhering that to the card panel, I did some selective stamping of one of the sentiment from the Globe Greetings set and again, used white embossing powder.  The original sentiment says "Welcome to the World". It's amazing what a little masking or stamp surgery can do with your supplies, isn't it?

After adhering the die cut sentiment, I used the same liquid glue to adhere the kraft panel onto a white cardbase.  


I added a lot of sparkle with a Clear Wink of Stella pen and loads of Nuvo Crystal Glaze .  I decided to add a few drops of Nuvo Drops in Gloss White to fill the empty areas of the card!

Mixing and matching stamps and dies and thinking a little outside the box is a great way to stretch your supplies!!

I hope you find lots of Holiday Inspiration on the hop today!! Up next is the super talented Amy!!

Here is the full hop line up:

Laurie (YOU ARE HERE)

PRIZES: Scrap 'N Stamp is giving away 7 Christmas Embellishment Packs, one for every stop in the hop!  All you have to do is leave a nice comment at each stop and you will be entered to win!! Winners will be announced on the SNS Blog on July28th..Good Luck!!

SALE ALERT!!!! Right now, if you spend $100, you will receive $25 off your order!! That's an incredible savings! Just use code CJ25. But hurry, this promotion ends July 25th!!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!!

Until next time, my friends, stay crafty!!

Laurie





21 comments:

  1. It's always good to be reminded that non-Christmas stamps can be used on Christmas cards. Thanks, loved this card idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card design. Using the globe is very ingenious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card using
    the globe. Love the
    Joy added to the
    statement.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and creative! Love all your attention to the details. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea using the globe and joy to the world sentiment! So perfect and out of the box idea!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is very pretty and classy! Very clever using the globe with Joy to the World! Really awesome. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great design! A non-Christmas stamp used to make a wonderful Christmas card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice & interesting! Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an ingenious way to use a non Christmas stamp! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you sub’d in Joy and added the white drops for filler.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you used one of my stamps as dies I have in stash as a Christmas design I love it and may use it this year. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colour combo and very clever design! I think Picasso had the right idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the use of the globe with joy to the world, very cleaver!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Love the Joy to the World theme using the globe, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome card! I love the 'joy to the world' sentiment - goodness knows we need some now! Great colouring, and I embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. GORGEOUS CARD! I would have to say that my favorite part of this card is the BEAUTIFUL Burgundy colored flowers and the Burgundy colored word JOY to match the flowers! I LOVE that!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...