Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Tag It Tuesday with My Creative Time

Welcome back! So happy you're here!  I love Tag It Tuesday because tag dies are so versatile!  You can use it as intended, as a tag, you can place the tag onto a card base for a fun design element or you can even make the tag into a card itself!  So many possibilities!!

Today, I made a tag with a fold. Not quite a card but almost.  I started by die cutting the fourth largest tag dies from the Chunky Stitched Tags Die Set. I then used this die cut as a template to create what will be the back portion.



The back flap is approximately 3/4 inch longer than the front.  I made a score line on the back flap before adhering the two pieces together which will make it open easier!


This particular set of dies does not have the hole portion as part of the die so I used a hole punch. 


Now what worked amazingly well as the reinforcement of the hole was the little donut die from the Just Brew It Stamp and Die Set ! How's that for luck??  I cut and decorated a bunch of cookies from the Baked With Love Stamp and Die Set to decorate the front of the tag.


Before sticking everything together, I decided to add a decorative border along the edge of the front flap.  I used the scalloped die from the More Stitched Edges Die Set to cut a piece of red cardstock.


I think this finished the edge nicely.  I silver embossed the sentiment and adhered all the cookies onto the front of the tag.


I stamped "Thinking of You" on the inside of the tag which comes from the Mini Spring Greeting Stamp Set.


And that's my tag for today!!  Really easy and fun to make!


Thank you so much for dropping in today!!

Until next time...stay crafty!!

Laurie







3 comments:

  1. Awesome tag!!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative and cute. Thanks for a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet tag...makes me hungry for cookies :D
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...