Thursday, December 6, 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #214

Welcome back to another awesome challenge for CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!!  This week brings holiday inspiration with this photo...


I knew immediately that I wanted to try to recreate this gorgeous Christmas ornament.  However, instead of an ornament, I made a snow globe!  CAS-ual Fridays has an awesome die set called Ornament Tag Fri-Dies. It's perfect to create a little scene like this or make a shaker card!  

I started by white heat embossing a bunch of snowflakes onto the large circle die from the set and did a bit of emboss resist with a light blue ink.


For the trees I used the Casual Trees Fri Dies and inked them up with shades of green Distress Ink. To create the base of my globe, I used the Bubble Box Fri-Dies, with a couple snips here and there. It created the perfect rounded corners.


The fact that the sentiment fit perfectly on the base was a total fluke and made me so happy!  I repeatedly stamped the snowflake border stamp from the Snowy Sayings Stamp Set  in a light blue ink onto a white card base and foam mounted my snow globe.


I added some glitter pen to the trees and a few clear sequins inside the globe to give almost a faux shaker-card look!

And that's my project for this challenge! I cannot wait to see what you create!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Here's what you're playing for:

Remember to visit the CAS-ual Friday Challenge Blog for all the details and to link up your project!!


Laurie







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...