Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Whatever Wednesday with My Creative Time

Hello, my friends and welcome back!  Because it's "whatever Wednesday", I thought I would shake things up a bit and share a non-Christmas card!!  Truthfully, as much as I enjoy making Christmas cards (and I do love it), I felt it was time to break out some other stamp sets.  And because the next next big paper craft holiday is Valentine's Day, that's what I went with!!

I began by die cutting the large puzzle pieces from the Stitched Puzzle Pieces Dies out of white cardstock.  I placed the empty puzzle into my Misti and secured it with the magnets.  I took the super cute girl and boy images from the You're A Hit Valentine Stamp and Die set (which is at an amazing price by the way!) and with a little masking, stamped them to look like they are holding one heart.


I used my alcohol markers to colour these cuties in.  I did add temporary adhesive on the back of the die cuts while I coloured. The sentiment and hearts come from the The Last Piece of our Family Stamp Set.


I played around with the idea of placing the puzzle on a card, but decided it would be better to place the pieces inside a box.  So, of course, I just had to use the Gift Card Gift Box Die!  To decorate the outside of the box, I used the More Scalloped Hearts Dies as well as the "Be Mine" dies from the You Make My Heart Smile Stamp and Die Set.


The tiny puzzle fits perfectly and would make a super fun and interactive Valentine to give!!


This was one of those projects that was a joy to make!!  I hope you like it!!

Thanks so much for dropping by today, I appreciate your visits!!

Until next time...

Laurie




3 comments:

  1. OMG Miss Laurie WOW What a Super Cute, Adorable & Precious Valentines Greeting idea. I had forgotten all about Miss Emma's Puzzle dies...Your idea is Awesome, Brilliant and Ingenious and sure makes for a Outstanding Way to give a Valentine Wish and make someone's Valentines day Extra Special...I LOVE it and so can't wait to do this!! You did an Impeccable Coloring job!! Those kiddos are so cute!! Great way to showcase more Craftabulous ways to use Miss Emma's fab goodies!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your clever Valentine idea! Your puzzle is so cute and the box is beautiful!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute all dressed up like that with the box and gorgeous heart. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...