Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Miss You Mandala Card with Create A Smile Stamps!

Hello and happy Wednesday! I'm back to share a card made with stamps and dies from Create a Smile Stamps.

This card is not mass producible but was a lot of fun to make!  I started by doing some no-line colouring with my Lyra Coloured Pencils. I used the Mesmerizing Mandalas Stamp Set along with the No Line ink pad from The Stamp Market.


I used a few pinks shades, a purple and a turquoise to colour this image. It's actually not as tedious as it may look and didn't take that long.  When the colouring was done, I fussy cut around the mandala then trimmed in half.

I cut a panel of white cardstock with the second largest of the Scalloped Rectangles then used the same die to cut the bottom of each half of the mandala. This added the scalloped edge so it would fit nicely on the panel!


The sentiment comes from the new Miss You Mini Stamp Set and was stamped in a grey ink. I used foam tape to adhere the mandala pieces to the top and bottom of the scalloped panel.

The card base measures 3.5 X 5.25 inches. I lightly inked around the edges using Spun Sugar Distress Ink to take away some of the brightness. I used tape adhesive to adhere the panel to the card base.


I played around with some embellishments but couldn't really come up with good placement so I used my white gel pen to add some details instead!

Thanks for dropping in! See you soon!

Laurie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...