Exciting, Fabulous News!!

Hello everyone!  Today, I'm so excited to be sharing my first project as a design team member for Honey Bee Stamps!!  I am thrilled to be a part of this amazing team for the next 6 months!! :)



I created a card using a couple of my favourite sets from HBS in two of my favourite colours...grey and gold!  I started by creating a mask out of some plain (happens to be pink) printer paper and a circle die.


I used the negative piece to cover the panel I created out of white cardstock.  I then stamped a woodgrain background stamp overtop.  This left me with a clean, circle shaped stamped area.


As you can see, I stamped some images from the Country Blooms stamp set.  I used Versamark Ink and Gold Embossing Powder.  This is one of my favourite and mostly used sets!!  I used the Co-ordinating Dies to cut the images out.  For the colouring I left it VERY simple.  I chose the lightest shades of four colours that I had in my Promarker stash and simply blended them out with the blender marker.  I did not want vibrant colours taking away from the gold embossing.  You can see how faint the green leaves are.


For the sentiment, I used the very first stamp set I bought from HoneyBee...Beautiful Life!!!  This set also has Co-ordinating Dies which I used here.  I stamped the word "fabulous" in Versamark and embossed it in gold as well.  Have to keep this gold theme going!!  I cut multiples of the fabulous die so I could make a very dimensional embellishment.  I have a stack of scrap, inexpensive white cardstock that I use in my stamp storage pockets. I use this for things like layering dies so I'm not using up the "good stuff"!  I stamped the "you are" with black ink, for a little contrast, onto a small strip of white cardstock.


To put the card together, I used a combination of foam adhesive and liquid glue, but mostly foam adhesive!  I surround half the stamped circle with the floral and leaf images and placed the sentiments on the opposite side of the circle.  To finish off, I used the sequin stamp, also from the Life is Beautiful set in gold embossing powder to "jazz' things up a bit!!






Thanks so much for stopping by today!!  I hope you enjoyed! 

 I'll be back real soon!!  

Laurie




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honey Bee Stamps Collaboration with Misti!!!!!

Studio Katia's FIRST BIRTHDAY Blog Hop!!!!

Studio Katia May Release Blog Hop!!!!