Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Flamingo Love

Welcome back!!  Today's card for Studio Katia features one of my favourite sets...Pink Winter!!!  I also used a stamp set from the latest release which is so adorable, Sweet Heart Candy.

I started by stamping the flamingo in Intense Black ink from Simon Says Stamp (it's my new favourite black ink!).  I then stamped a mirror image of the flamingo by using the backside of a large clear stamp.  I used my Mini Misti for this.  I placed the large stamp, face down onto the door of the Misti, then stamped the image (I found I had to use Versafine Onyx Black for this) directly on top.  I then closed the door and gave firm pressure.  As you can see, it took me a couple of tries to get a decent image.


Before colouring the flamingos in with my Stabilo markers, I traced around both of them with a waterproof pen to darken and thicken the lines.  For my second layer of color, I decided to use a Clear Wink of Stella pen to blend out the color on the wings only. Then it was time to fussy cut!!
And yes, I had to cut in between their legs...slight OCD :)



I used the Stitched Creative Window Die Set and cut that twice, once in white cardstock, the other in grey.  I wasn't sure which color I wanted to use.  I used the white cardstock inner pieces and used a few shades of teals to do some ink blending on each.



I decided to stack the two frames together for slight dimension, placing the white on top.  My cardbase started off the standard size with rounded corners and a strip of patterned paper at the bottom.


I didn't like it, the pinks were WAY off! So I simply trimmed off a quarter of an inch on each end.  The end size is 3 3/4 X 5 1/2 inches.  I adhered the frame to the base with liquid glue as well as the inner die cuts.  I adhered the flamingos with a combination of foam adhesive and liquid glue.

For the sentiment, I die cut the stitched heart from the Stitched Notebook Set and stamped "love you" from the Sweetheart Candy stamps.  I brushed some light pink ink around the edges.  I adhered that to the centre panel with foam adhesive.  And lastly, it was time for some sequins!!  I, of course, used the Pink Winter Sequins Fusion!!  And here's the final product!!






Thanks so much for stopping by!! Have a great day!!

Laurie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...