Wednesday, September 12, 2018

MFT's 2018 Card Design Superstar Entry: Clean & Simple Genius

Well, holy cow!! I'm entering a challenge, can you believe it?  I got so excited when I seen the 2018 My Favourite Things Card Design Superstar Challenge that I just had to enter!


There are 3 categories in this challenge: Clean & Simple Genius, Colouring Virtuoso and Innovation Master.  While I love colouring, my skills are what you'd call..lacking. I do love a good interactive card but honestly, I'm terrible at them!! Seriously. I struggle through a simple shaker card :).  So that, my friends, leaves the Clean & Simple Category!

I love "clean" cards. It has taken me quite some time to embrace the white space but now I'm pretty comfortable with it.  Although, my finished card turned out quite colourful. I hope this will still count as CAS!!

I used a ton of MFT product on this card starting with the Stitched Circles Stax.  I adhered them all together to cut as one piece. So instead of cutting full circles, they cut rings.


I went through my stash of scrap cardstock and picked out some rainbow-ish colours.  I discovered that I do not have any orange cardstock so a coral colour would have to do.


Look at all those beautiful rings of colour!! So many rainbow cards in my future!  To make one solid, rainbow circle, I die cut the largest circle out of scrap paper and glued each ring to it. Then I cut it (almost) down the middle.


This is the layout I had planned.  It's faint but I did use the Stencil Cloud with some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to add a bit of interest and dimension to the background. Before I adhered the rainbows to the panel, I used the large stitched rectangle die from the Blueprints 15 die set (which is not available any longer).  This was the perfect size to frame my scene.


I changed my mind on the sentiment but thought I would show this anyway as the process was the same.  I white heat embossed, on black cardstock, a sentiment from the Beach Bunnies Stamp Set. I trimmed it out using the small banner die from the Blueprints 27 Die Set

Now it was time to put everything together!!  I adhered the rainbows directly onto the cloudy panel and foam mounted the sentiment strip. The entire panel was adhered to a pink card base.



It was looking a little "flat" to me so I die cut a few clouds from the Somebunny Co-ordinating Dies set and foam mounted those using craft foam (also cut with the dies).  


I added a good dose of clear sparkle to each cloud instead of adding any embellishments.



I know it's quite colourful but I think the design itself is quite simple!!  I actually LOVE the way this card turned out and I hope you do too!!

Thank you so much for stopping in today! I love it when you visit :)

Until next time...stay crafty!

Laurie











4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE IT! It is so bright and cheery and so glad you have decided to enter. You're too hard on your colouring skills, seriously, you have good skills! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! This is so fun and happy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...