Monday, September 3, 2018

Manly Monday with My Creative Time!

Hello crafty friends and welcome back!  It's all about creating masculine cards today. I don't know about you but this is no easy task for me.

I tend to use a lot more die cutting on a masculine card versus stamping and colouring images.  I'm not sure why but I like a more graphic design when it comes to "boy" cards.

I went through my stash of MCT dies and picked out three sets for this card. This first set is the 3 Star Stitched Dies.  Simple shape but the size of these dies is perfect!  I dug through my scrap cardstock bin and picked out a grey, an orange, a yellow and a blue.  I cut about 2 of each size die.

I took an A2 white card base and tried to randomly piece them together.


I used this photo to help me remember placement!  I decided to adhere the stars onto a layer that was cut at 5.25 X 4.  This helped to "squeeze" the stars closer together.  After they were all glued down, I trimmed the excess off.


I know I've said this before but I will say it again. Everyone needs a good set of alphabet dies (or two, or three) in their stash.  They come in super handy especially when creating a sentiment for a boy/man.  There are tons of feminine or girly sentiments out there but some of these just won't work here.  I used both the Lowercase Fun Dies as well as the Uppercase Fun Dies to make the word "Hey".  This is a fabulous font for both masculine as well as feminine cards!


I die cut the letters out of craft foam as well to give them quite a bit of dimension.  The "birthday boy" sentiment comes from the Sweet Wishes Stamp and Dies Set and fits perfectly under the die cut word!!

I added a bit of glitter pen to the "Hey" and added the star panel directly onto the card base.  The most time consuming part of this card was trying not to get two stars of the same colour close together!!


Thank you so much for dropping by today!!  

Until next time...stay crafty!!

Laurie




5 comments:

  1. Oh Miss Laurie Loving your Birthday Boy Card!! You definitely did a Super Outstanding Creative job!! Your ideas with the stars is Brilliant!! Your card is so going to give the Birthday Boy a Star Studded Birthday. You so did an Incredible job as you spread the Miss Emma Inspiration using her Fab Goodies!! HAPPY LABOR DAY hope yours is a Funtabulous Family Day!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, Laurie! So striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! Great card :D
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for a 'male' card, with the bold bright colours and the shapes. Although I'm not averse to sending flowers to men!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...