Wednesday, October 3, 2018

3-D Wednesday with My Creative Time!!

Hello friends and welcome back!! Today I have a cute, felt Halloween ornament to share with you today!

It's nice to make things other than cards and I love when you can combine things like paper crafting and sewing or stitching!!  I used the recently released Witch Hat Topper Die. This die is intended to make the cutest toppers for treat bags but can be used for so much more!

I started by die cutting all the pieces out of a few different colours of felt I had in my stash.



It's best to run them through your die cutting machine a few times to get the cleanest cut. I didn't do that with the hat and spider and ended up with a lot of fuzzy edges on the hat and a torn spider!  What's nice about this particular die is that it is already 2 pieces joined.  This took a bit of pressure off while stitching. Simply fold it over and stitch together!


I used white floss because I thought the contrast would look good.  I also stitched in a piece of bakers twine for the hanger and the little spider!



Here's a look at the completed stitching...


Now, I actually cheated when it came to the band and buckle of the hat. Instead of sewing those pieces on, I used Glossy Accents to adhere them. This glue works great for this!!


I couldn't resist adding small googly eyes to the spider.


I guess you could hand this out to a VERY special trick or treater. Or if you're really ambitious, make a bunch of these ahead of time.  This really didn't take too long to make.

I hope you found a little inspiration here today! These little ornaments can be made with many dies in your stash, you just have to think outside the box a little :)


Thank you for stopping by!!!

Laurie






4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Miss LAURIE WOWIE WOW....Your Stitched Witches Hat is WICKED Awesome!! What a Brilliant idea and the look is FANGTASTIC!! You definitely outdid yourself You so did an Incredible Super Outstanding Creative job!! YOU SO ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute witch hat and spider!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using felt is a super idea! Love the stitching and googlie eyes...adorable!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...