Thursday, November 22, 2018

Challenge #213 for Cas-ual Fridays!!

Hello and welcome to another challenge for Cas-ual Fridays Stamps!!  This challenge asks that you use shades of gold on your project!


With the holidays fast approaching, gold is always a favourite colour to create with!  I kept my card fairly clean and simple, using only one stamp set.


I had some gold, shimmery paint in my stash that I have never used so this was the perfect opportunity. To create the striped background, I painted all over a piece of cardstock and trimmed strips from it.  I didn't measure or keep the strips even in size.  I also went for a random look when adhering the strips to the panel.


The snowflakes and sentiment are from the Snowy Sayings stamp set.  I wanted to incorporate a touch of black into this card, so I used Versafine Onxy Black ink for the sentiment.  The snowflakes were heat embossed with Metallic Copper Embossing powder from WOW!.  This is actually my favourite colour of embossing powder at the moment!

I fussy cut each snowflake and also directly stamped and embossed a few small flakes onto the card front. The snowflakes were adhered using foam adhesive.


And that's my take on the "Shades of Gold" Challenge!!  Now here's how to enter and what you're playing for:


What are your playing for? 10 winning entries will be highlighted on this blog each Thursday before a new challenge is set to go live the next day.  In addition, Michele has generously offered up a $25 gift certificate to the overall winner at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps. And if that weren't enough, if the chosen winner has used CAS-ual Fridays stamps and/or dies as the main focus in the card, that gift certificate will increase to $50. 

Please link up your creation to the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge Blog!! Have fun and I cannot wait to see what you create!!

Laurie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...