Friday, March 31, 2017

Honey Bee Stamps Collaboration with Misti!!!!!

HELLO ALL!!!! Today, the design team from Honey Bee Stamps is having a blog hop along with My Sweet Petunia to celebrate the Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented...the MISTI!!!!


 I hope you hop along with us as there are going to be fabulous projects and amazing tips on the tool.  Oh ya, and PRIZES!! Stay tuned until the end of this post for a complete list of blogs and the one rule you must follow to be eligible to win!

When the Misti first appeared on the market, I didn't think I needed one.  But after watching numerous videos of stampers using this product, I took the plunge and never looked back.  Today, I can honestly say that I CANNOT live without this tool!!

I started with the Original Misti.  I love the size of this one because it has the room for you to move your card panel or base to help place larger stamps.  Also, love it for background stamps!!
I was then lucky enough to win a Mini Misti.  This size is perfect for stamping multiple images or sentiments.  I would have to say that I use the Mini more but am so happy to have the Original!!

Apart from stamping multiple images at once, double or triple stamping and getting perfect placement, I'm going to show you four ways I use this fantastic tool.  So let's get started!!

I started by placing a 4.25 X 5.5 inch card panel into my Mini Misti.  I lined up the large border stamp from the Zen Floral stamp set a half of an inch towards the middle of the panel.


This is so easy to do because of the measurements on the Misti itself combined with the grid paper.  I stamped the image with Memento Grey Flannel Ink.  This is the first stamping;


It stamped pretty good the first time but I decided to ink it up once more for an even bolder image.


To create a border to frame my sentiment, I simply rotated the paper 180 degrees (I did not move the stamp).  This allows for perfect measurements on either side of the card panel.


I inked up the stamp, closed the door and voila!!


You can see that there is exactly the same amount of white space on either side of the panel.  Yes, this is possible to do with a block or stamp press but there is NO second guessing your placement with the Misti!!

The second tip is using solid dies.  I prefer open dies but sometimes you just don't have that luxury.  I am terrible at lining up stamps to their die cuts.  I always end up with more white space on one side. Here's how I solve this problem.  I start by cutting the die out of the cardstock I want to stamp on.  I place the negative space (the paper with the cut out, not the die cut piece itself) into the Misti.  In this case I used the "beautiful" die from the Beautiful Life Honey Cuts.



I line the Matching Stamp up in the negative space. Before placing the die cut, I ink up my stamp and do a test run right onto the grid paper.  This allows me to see if any adjustments are needed.  Now that the stamp is in the perfect place, I place the actual die cut into the negative space and stamp.  This brings us to the third tip...ombre stamping!!  Oh, how I love the look of ombre.  I chose three shades of purple for my sentiment, a light, medium and dark.  I inked up the entire word in the lightest shade.


It turned out a little splotchy but that ok because we're adding more layers!  I then used the medium shade and inked up the lower half of the stamp.  To make sure you don't get a harsh line, just dab a bit of the ink away with your finger before closing the door.  Next, add the darkest shade to only the lower bits of the stamp, dabbing away the harsh line.  You could stop there but I like to clean off the stamp and ink it up with the lightest colour again and stamp.  The blend is beautiful!  I loved it so much I stamped and ombre heart as well.


Now, its time to add some details to my panel.  I took the Zen Floral Honey Cuts and instead of cutting the floral borders out, I used the die to emboss.  After placing the die over the image, use rubber embossing mats and your embossing sandwich and run through your die cut machine.



It creates a nice subtle texture.  I trimmed my panel down to be slightly smaller than an A2 sized card base.  It's now time for the fourth tip!  I am quite awful with lining up my panels straight on the card base.  So I used the Misti to help.  I place a tiny bit of dot adhesive to the inside of the base (to keep it from popping open) and line it up in the Misti. You can see I leave a quarter of an inch on either side.


Then using the measurements and the grid paper, I can line my panel up straight!



I used foam tape to adhere the panel to the cardbase and also to mount my word die and heart.  I added a bit of colour to a few of the florals by using the same purple inks and a blender pen.


To add a little sparkle, I added a few Diamonds, Clear Wink of Stella and some Glossy Accents!!




I hope I was able to give you some ideas on how to use the Misti!  If you don't yet have one, I encourage you to try one out.  They are truly worth the investment.  


Now, onto the prizes!!  Up for grabs is: 
1.  Your choice of an Original Misti or a Mini Misti from the My Sweet Petunia Store 
2.  $45.00 Gift Certificate to Honey Bee Stamps!!!  
All you have to do is leave a little love on each blog on the hop, that's it!!  Winner of the Misti will be announced on April 7, 2017 HERE.
Winner of the Honey Bee Stamps Gift Certificate will be announced



Here's the entire hop:

Laurie Case   (YOU ARE HERE)

Thank so much for taking the time to join us today!!  Have a great day!!




90 comments:

  1. such a pretty card :) love the muted tones, so elegant ! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using the Misti for stamping and die cutting projects. Your card turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great instructions. Elegant card. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the wonderful step-by-step tutorial on this card - that's awesome! I love how beautiful your card turned out with just the hint of color! So pretty - thanks for sharing!

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant card! I love the pops of purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too pretty....love it..u captured it all in one word

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My word, this is gorgeous. I love the font of the sentiment and how you placed it. Thank you for the detailed tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite card today! I love the simplicity of black plus a color. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So simple yet elegant. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the tips on how to use the MISTI, especially for the ombre look! And I never thought of using the die to emboss!! Such a neat tip! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool. Thanks for sharing and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ombre is definitely in and your explanation was so easy to follow - love the card

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card and I love the ombre!

    ReplyDelete
  16. More ideas for the Misti and a beautiful card as well. I love my Misti.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you created this beautiful card. I can see how wonderful it would be to have the Misti!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the hints of color. Less is More in a lot of cases. Obviously it is More for this card. Great Job !!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your beautiful card. Thanks for sharing your great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty card and lots of great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely love this stamp and your very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Laurie, your card IS BEAUTIFUL and your tips are fantastic. Thanks for sharing such a great card and tutorial! (Very helpful!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for sharing the process in creating this gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card. Thanks for all the tips on using the Misti.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have that stamp. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card...love the soft touch of color - simply beautiful!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great tutorial and lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful is what your card is, too! I love the little accents of colour, very delicate and effective! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Turned out beautifully! I have two stamping tools, one is a mini MISTI. It's great for taking away with me on holiday. Love how the card turned out and I loved all your tips. I'm rubbish at die cutting with closed Dies, so that's a great idea. Nice job on the ombré stamping. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I agree...my Misti changed my stamping life. Thanks for the great tips to further stretch its power. Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such an interesting card! Love the outline embossing on the border--thanks for suggesting that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is so pretty. I want a Misti so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! Love the hint of color in the flowers and the pop of color in the sentiment. The Zen Floral is so versatile, can't want to get mine.

    ReplyDelete
  34. love your card and would love to own a misty.
    Thank you Ann

    ReplyDelete
  35. love your card and would love to own a misty.
    Thank you Ann

    ReplyDelete
  36. love your card and would love to own a misty.
    Thank you Ann

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh, how pretty! Love the little tips and techniques... such a sweet card. Love the black and white look with a touch of color.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your card is so pretty! I will be CASEing this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gorgeous card! I love that floral stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Pretty card and I love the accent of color here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Adorable card. Great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  42. That floral stamp is gorgeous and I love how you used the misti to create such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful card! I love how you embossed the die, great effect. Thanks also for the great tips.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I purchased the Zen Floral set because I "had to have" the border stamp you used on your card. I love how you used teh stamp and I am sure to use this card for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Deceptively simple and makes such a dramatic effect!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great cards come from great minds! Thanks for showing how to make a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love the die cut inlay technique for that texture and look! Also love how you just colored some of the flowers for a classy mostly back and white card with soft purple. Just gorgeous overall, thanks so much for sharing! I have this stamp and you've given me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I really do like it with just partially​ colored.
    Very refreshing look!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful card! I love the way you stamped the borders

    ReplyDelete
  50. I, also, depend A-LOT on my Misti. The best tool I have.
    Pretty card.
    Jean McGee

    ReplyDelete
  51. Beautifully created card - love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  52. What a beautiful card. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love who it monochrome and simple elegent card.. so cute I love it

    ReplyDelete
  54. I just love your subtle coloring of this card! Beautiful! Thank you so much for the inspiration!
    -Miranda
    TheCraftyCritter.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. You picked the best sentiment because this card is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love your card with just a hint of coloring. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Awesome tips and tricks and a beautiful card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love how you used the die to emboss around the borders and the ombre sentiment with just a touch of subtle color in the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Laurie, I love the beautiful detail in your card! You have gorgeous, spot-on stamping too - -perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Love the card. Thanks for the detailed instructions, they're so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Love the framing.
    Using the die cut to emboss
    was a nice idea.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Love all these ideas. I want to pin them all!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Fabulous card!! I love how you did the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  64. I love my original MISTI - but she is the first generation and has seen better days...time for a new one. Your card is beautiful! I love the black and white with a touch of color. So classy!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Great tips, will be sure to try them

    ReplyDelete
  66. Thanks for the wonderful tips. Your card is beautiful!! Love how you only colored some of the flowers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  67. Oh my goodness!!! Gorgeous card!!! Love so much the framing and this adorable touch of purple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Each step is easy to follow throughout. Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  69. That is very beautiful and lovely! LOVE your stamping technique. Love it. Thanks for sharing the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Beautiful card! I like the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  71. The MISTI is so great to get straight stamping every time, especially on those die cut pieces. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...