Thursday, November 8, 2018

Birthday Palooza with My Creative Time!

Hello my friends and welcome back!! It's all about birthday projects for My Creative Time.  I decided to make a birthday tag card. Yep, a card and tag all in one!

I started by die cutting 2 of the scalloped tag from the Tag Dies Die Set. On one of the tags, I scored along one side at 1/4 inch. This happens to line up perfectly with the corner edge at the top and the first scallop at the bottom.  I used Scor-Tape along the fold that created.


After the two pieces are attached, it looks like a tag but acts like a card!!  To decorate the front, I cut the label die from the Vintage Stitched Label Die Set out of a piece of fun patterned paper. This is one of my most used die sets...I love the shape!  This label also works fabulously with the Bunch of Stitched Doily Dies. I used the second smallest in this set.  For the focal image, I die cut pieces to build a cupcake from the Light The Candles Stamp and Die Set out of some mixed media paper.
I used this particular paper because I wanted to do some simple watercolour with my Tombow Markers.


Everything just fit so well together in that label die!!  I stamped a sentiment on the front of the tag/card as well as the inside.  The sentiments come from the Light the Candles set as well.


I added a little twine to the front tag only and a little Glossy Accents to the cherry!


And there it is!! Hope you enjoyed!!

Thank you so much for dropping by today!  I'll be back soon!!

Laurie









3 comments:

  1. What a great idea as a tag card! Pretty cupcake with your watercoloring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Miss Laurie...What a Gorgeous and Adorable Birthday Card!! Loving all of the Brilliant and Ingenious ways you used Miss Emma's Fab Goodies!! Loving the way you used the tag to create a card...and it sure makes for a Spectacular card!! Great job on your watercolor too!! You so did an Incredible Creative job using Miss Emma's Fab Goodies!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag/card is beautiful. I like how the doily layers on the label and the cupcake looks good enough to eat. Great card idea.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...