Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Create A Smile Sketch Challenge!

Hello, hello!! Today, is the start of another fun challenge over on the Create A Smile Stamps Challenge Blog! We have a very cool sketch for you to work with this time around!


Remember, you don't have to follow this sketch exactly! Just go with where your creativity takes you!  I, myself, followed it almost to a tee :)


I started by stamping, colouring and fussy cutting a few images from the uber cute Best Bugs Stamp Set.   I created the partial oval scene panel by partial die cutting a rectangular piece of cardstock with a circle die. But, Create A Smile has a sweet die set that creates this shape perfectly! Check out the Stacked Pierced Ovals!


Before I adhered the scene to the card base, I used the Diagonal Grid Stencil along with Spun Sugar Distress Ink to add a bit texture.  Of course, a few white gel pen details add so much!


The sentiment is from the Best Bugs stamp set. I stamped the sentiment on a white cardstock strip. I decided to layer that onto a banner die that I inked with the same pink ink. This acted like the little flag portion of the sketch!

Thank you for dropping in today! I hope you'll play along with us! Up for grabs is a €25 gift certificate to the CAS online store!!

Please visit the Challenge Blog for more details and to link up your creation!!

See you soon!

Laurie







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...