Friday, August 2, 2019

Pop 'N Hop with Scrap 'N Stamp!!!

Welcome back to our monthly blog hop for Scrap 'N Stamp Canada!  We are playing with a cool new product that's available in the shop right now!!


The design team have all made pop up box cards today made using kits from The Paper Cut. This line of products lets you create fun, interactive cards without investing in pricey dies! These kits include all pre-cut cardstock, in all the pieces you need!  Some of the kits available are the Pop Up Box, Triple Mini Window Card, Swingin' Z-Fold Card, Stair Step Card, Graduation Cap Card and even a Slider Card! I should also mention that some of these kits come in different sizes and colours!

I personally don't own any box card die sets.  I don't make many interactive cards such as these, so investing the money just doesn't make sense.  BUT, with that being said, if you've been on the fence on buying any of these die sets, I would suggest playing with one of The Paper Cut kits. This will give you some sort of an idea on how often you would be creating these specialty cards!

Anyway, enough chit chat! Let's have a look at what I made for you today!



I used the Square Pop Up Box Card kit in white.  Assembling the box was as easy as adding two strips of Scor-Tape to tabs. The part that took the longest was trimming out all the patterned paper to adhere to the flaps.  I used an older Lawn Fawn paper pack for that!  I have to admit the dimension of the little scene is pretty awesome!




I used the adorable Happy Village Set (unfortunately, out of stock at the moment) and its co-ordinating dies. I love this set and get a lot of use out of it! I coloured everything up with my alcohol markers.


I used an extra house for the front flap of the card along with a sentiment from the Wavy Sayings Stamp set which was stamped onto one of the Simple Wavy Banner Dies.


This flattens completely and fits into a 6X6 square envelope.  You would add your sentiment on the back of this card.  I want to apologize for these photos. Like I said, I rarely make such dimensional cards so I'm used to flat lay photography :)

I hope you enjoyed my project for this hop!! You'll find the full blog hop list below!










GIVEAWAY!!

One lucky commenter will receive a $50 gift certificate to the SNS online store!! The winner will be announced on August 15, 2019 on the Scrap N' Stamp Blog. So, leave a little love on each stop to increase your chances of winning!!

FACEBOOK CHALLENGE

Today, also starts a new challenge on the SNS Facebook Page and the theme is 3-D cards or cards that POP!! We hope to see your creations!!

Thank you for hopping along with us today! Remember to leave a comment by August 14th!!

14 comments:

  1. How cute would this be to give to a new neighbour?! What an awesome pop up box card - love the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you completely! I can't see investing in the dies but I sure did have fun playing with this kit!! I love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your adorable pop up box card! Cute neighborhood scene and pretty coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an adorable little village you created and your coloring is fabulous too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg! This is darling! I love all the little houses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done Laurie. The little village is perfect for a pop up card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable village card, Laurie! So nicely designed and coloured! I wasn't familiar with The Paper Cut until this blog hop and I'm happy you mentioned the different types of pre-cut cards they offer - I had no idea!

    (DJ also known as love2stamp)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a charming little scene...and I love the plaid paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your box card is
    fun and makes a
    wonderful scene!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your little village scene! What a sweet surprise to come out of an envelope for someone who has never seen a pop up box! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This village looks great as it is and I am imagining it with snow covered rooftops and bare branch trees for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your village scene is so cute! What a great hello card or for a new neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cute LF card...love the cute images and plaid paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...