Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Create A Smile Stamps Mood Board Challenge!

Welcome back, friends!!  Today is the start of another challenge over at Create A Smile Stamps! We've got a beautiful mood board to inspire you...

I took inspiration from the wood, wreath and the colour gold.  I started by breaking out the Wreath Builder Template from Gina K Designs (a must have, in my opinion) and the Floral Decorations Stamp Set.  Before creating my wreath, I used a circle die that matched up to the largest Postage Edge Circle Die. I wanted to make sure my wreath didn't get too big!


I chose a variety of images from the stamp set and created the wreath using Icing on the Cake Ink from Catherine Pooler Designs. The sentiment comes from the Decorated Wishes Add On Stamp Set, this is one of my all time favourite stamp sets!  I used Versamark Ink and Gold Embossing Powder from WOW.  I then used the circle die (same one I used for a guide), to cut around the wreath.


To create the gold Postage Edge Circle, I simply pressed the Versamark Ink pad around the edge and added the same gold embossing powder. I did this twice to get a nice smooth finish.  I decided to add a few gold heart to my wreath using a good ol fashioned acrylic block.


I foam mounted the circle onto an ivory card base that was dry embossed using an embossing folder from Stampin' Up.  I refrained from adding any embellishments :)

Thanks for stopping in today!  I hope you'll join us for this challenge! As always, you'll be playing for a €25 gift certificate to the Create A Smile Stamps online shop!  For more details, please visit the Create A Smile Stamps Challenge Blog.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...