Saturday, December 28, 2019

MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge #469

Hello, friends and welcome back! Being on Christmas break is always nice because it gives me time to sit and create! Although, after making all those holiday cards my creative juices flow a little slowly. That's why I like to participate in challenges. I find that by looking at a colour palette or sketch can trigger an idea. And this weeks Sketch Challenge from MFT Stamps did just that!!


I followed the sketch closely but did switch a couple of things! That's the beauty of these challenges. You can follow it exactly, flip it around or switch out shapes! It's wherever the creative process takes you!


I used the second large Stitched Mini Scalloped Rectangles to house my little scene. I coloured the adorable little girl and her basket of flowers from the Bring Out the Sunshine Stamp Set and used the co-ordinating dies to cut them out.  On the scalloped panel, I used the Drifts and Hills Stencil to create a little grassy hill for the girl to stand on.

Instead of the clouds from the sketch, I die cut 3 hearts using the Infinity Heart Dies from Hero Arts and used my alcohol markers to colour them.


I adhered the panel and the hearts on a white card base with liquid glue and used foam adhesive to adhere the girl, the flowers and the sentiment. The sentiment comes from the Essential Sentiments Set and was stamped onto a speech bubble die with the little tail cut off.

I just had to add some white gel pen details to a few areas as well as some Nuvo Crystal Glaze!!


Thanks for dropping by! 

See you soon and...stay awesome :)

Laurie





1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...