Thursday, September 24, 2020

Altering Your Stamps and New Release!!

 Hello and welcome back! Today is an exciting day as it's time for a new release from Create A Smile Stamps!! This release is a mixture of cute and beautiful with images ranging from critters to stunning foliage.

For my card today, I went with cute. I also altered the images a bit to create a whole new look with this stamp set which is called Tea Time.


I wanted to show you the stamp set first, then my card. You can see that each image has the cutest smiley face on it. For my project, I didn't want that.


Before stamping, I placed a small piece of tape over the face. This prevents the ink from touching this portion. Just remember to take the tape off before you stamp!! So instead of a smiling cup and tea kettle, I have space to add different details.


I first took a black pen and drew some scallops on the top of each cup and the teapot. To make my tea set flowery, I used a small stamp from the Best Bugs Stamp Set. The only bit of masking I had to do was on the spout. All I did was place a scrap piece of paper against the edge!  I did some simple masking again with the teacups to stack them on top of each other. Again, using just a scrap of paper to cover the top of each cup.

I die cut some white circles and some navy scalloped circles using dies from Lawn Fawn. I foam mounted each image onto the two larger circles and stamped the sentiment on the smallest. The sentiment comes from the From Afar (A8 size) Set.



Before adhering the circles to the card base, I used a light grey ink and the Diagonal Grid Stencil to add some interest. I found a tiny heart stamp and added few inside the squares.

To finish, I added some gold sparkle to the centres of the flowers and some Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the scallops on the tea set.

Thanks for stopping by and please check out the newest stamps from Create A Smile!!

Laurie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...