Thursday, September 3, 2020

Dusting Off the Coloured Pencils ft. Create a Smile Stamps!

 Welcome back! I decided to dust of the pencil crayons and colour some gorgeous new images from Create A Smile Stamps!

Pencil crayons (that's what we call them here in Canada) is a tricky medium for me. I love the look but I'm not a fan of the amount of time it takes. I've watched probably hundreds of tutorials and they all say the same thing...light pressure and build up the colour. Well, I didn't do it that way. I laid it down heavy and in one layer. 


This floral images is from the Mallow Blossoms Set. You can really see here how thickly I applied the colour. I'm also going to point out that I thought the small, green piece was a leaf. In fact, it's a part of the blossom that I THOUGHT was a leaf. I'm clueless when it comes to flowers so please forgive me, haha!


To put this card together, I used the Petals Stencil on the card front with a light, pink ink. I used the second largest Scalloped Rectangle die to create a panel. I carried the stencilling to the inside of the circle. To create the kraft circle, I used one of the Postage Edge Circle Dies. I placed a smaller, plain circle die on the inside to create this ring.

I adhered the ring to the white panel and foam mounted the flowers. The sentiment (from the Mallow Blossoms) was stamped onto one of the Useful Banners Dies and was also popped up. I added a few sequins for a bit of sparkle.

Thanks for dropping in! See you soon!

Laurie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...