Thursday, February 23, 2017

Paper Smooches Challenge...LOVE.

Hello and happy Thursday!!  I wanted to quickly share a card I made for the current Paper Smooches Challenge.  And the theme this month is LOVE!!



I went through my stash of PS stamps and dies and came across some that have not seen any love!!!  So keeping with the theme, I thought I better show them some :)  I used the Green Thumb stamp set along with the Rain Boot die, the Baby Bow die and the Notebook Scallop Die.  And one more stamp set...the Shadows stamp set!!  I think this set has been discontinued but if you can find it at any retailer, buy it!!  This stamp set has served me well!!  It gives you so many shadow options, especially handy when needing to ground images!!

I started by die cutting and stamping all my elements on watercolour paper.  Using finger tip sponge daubers, I coloured each piece using Hero Arts inks.


Ignore the watering can. I decided not to use it!!  After everything was coloured, I assembled the rain boot and that super sweet baby bow.  I had an unusual scrap of pink cardstock that measured 3.5 X 11 inches. So I just scored it at 5.5 and made it my cardbase.  Before adhering my elements, I decided to stamp some of the other images from the Green Thumb set in Versamark ink onto the cardbase.  This gives a nice tone on tone look.


I stamped the sentiment in black ink, added some linen thread to the top of the notebook die and foam mounted my images.  See that perfect shadow underneath? Ya, that's from the Shadows set.  The only embellishments I added were a tiny black enamel dot to the centre of the bow and a few dots and dashes with my white gel pen.


I hope you enjoyed my sweet little card!!  See you next time!!!!


Laurie




1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card- love your inking! I want a pair of those pink rain boots! LOVE! THANKS so much for joining in the fun- hope you play along with our March challenge that starts tomorrow <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...