#LOVE with Distress Oxide Inks

Hello, all!!  I'm back to share a bright and happy card!  I recently received the new set of Distress Oxide Inks and just had to have a play.  This card also had a couple of "happy accidents" which I'll point to you :)

I started by picking some rainbow colours of the Oxides.  I chose Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, Spiced Marmalade, Wilted Violet and threw in a bit of Faded Jeans.

I used Bristol cardstock which worked beautifully.  I started stamping the outline heart shaped from the Sweetheart Candy stamp set.  I tried to create a random pattern using different colours.  Then, taking a damp paintbrush, I added water to the inside of the heart.  As soon as the water touches that ink, it starts to bleed...in a good way!  It feathers the ink towards the inside of the heart but yet maintains a crisp outline image, love it!!


Happy accident #1:  At some point while stamping, I turned the panel to start filling in the gaps.  This resulted in the hearts going in two different directions.  Totally not what I had in mind, but I went with it and in the end, really liked it. The small heart comes from the Foxes stamp set.  These two hearts are exactly the same shape.

I wanted to leave the insides of the hearts white but didn't want the end result to have so much white space.  So I smooshed some Broken China Oxide Ink onto a non porous surface, spritzed it with water and applied it CAREFULLY around all the hearts.  I'm not sure if it was the ink or the paper, but I ended up with a lot of hard edges and I LOVE hard edges to watercolour!


I used the rectangle die from the Dotted Patterns Set 1 die set.  I adhered that onto a piece of textured, white cardstock that was trimmed just slightly larger than the heart panel.  For my card base, I used a blue cardstock that went well with the Broken China Distress Oxide Ink.


The sentiment also come from the Sweetheart Candy stamp set.  I used a sentiment strip die and embossed the #love with Silver Embossing Powder.  I layered the sentiment onto the same blue cardstock to make it pop a bit more.  Before adhering the sentiment, I put a messy nest of silver thread behind.


And of course no card is complete without some Studio Katia sequins!!  I used a few of the flat sequins from the Majestic Fusion sequin mix and added a dot of Silver Stickles to the centres.

Happy Accident #2:  I meant to round the bottom two corners but grabbed the wrong punch, so ended up with these corners!!  But again, I think it looks okay!!


And that's my finished for today!  I hope you enjoyed!!  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time..

Laurie










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honey Bee Stamps Collaboration with Misti!!!!!

Studio Katia's FIRST BIRTHDAY Blog Hop!!!!

Studio Katia May Release Blog Hop!!!!