Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Thoughtful Tuesday with My Creative Time

Hello crafty friends!!  Today, I'm sharing a card that could be given for almost any occasion. A "Thinking of You" card can be given as a sympathy, birthday or even just a hello card.  This was a fun one to make with some simple watercolour, heat embossing an oh yeah, a really fun technique!!

I started by die cutting a panel of watercolour paper using the XOXO Border Dies.  I took the polka dot stencil that's part of the A Sunny Hello Kit, which at the time of writing this post, is still in stock! I laid it overtop of the die cut panel and added some paint in random dots of the stencil.


The trick is to press around each area firmly to prevent too much bleeding under the stencil.  You can't stop all the water from seeping underneath but this gives it the watercolour look.  Also, do not use very much water!


The odd shaped dots are the ones I started with, I got the hang of it as I went :)  I decided to use the A Beautiful Day stamps and dies for the images on this card.  I chose most of the flowers, stems and the butterfly.

I used Gold Embossing Powder on all the images.  It's so much easier to watercolour when the embossing creates a "well"!


Very easy watercolouring. Just wet each area and drop in a bit of colour!  Because there are no leaves in this set, I painted the butterfly green because I thought it needed that pop of colour.  I used the co-ordinating dies on each image.


I added the panel to a light pink card base and arranged the flowers on top with foam tape.


I thought the butterfly looked cute tucked in the flowers.


The sentiment comes from the Vintage Sentiments Stamp set and was heat embossed on the flag banner from the Vintage Stitched Label Dies.


I added a piece of twine around one end of the banner to give a little vintage touch and a little glitter pen to the butterfly.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you gave you some inspiration to maybe try something a little different with your stencils!

Until next time!!

Laurie









5 comments:

  1. OMG WOW What a Gorgeous, GORGEOUS Card!! You so outdid yourself!! Your Stenciling is so Beautifully done and loving all of your images...your flowers, stems and butterflies sure are Beautiful as well...WOW you sure did one Incredible Super Outstanding Creative job!! Your card is Magnificent!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful card. Great background idea. I had to go order that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful...great mix of techniques and products!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such soft and pretty colours and I just love what you did with the stencil! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...