Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Inspire Me Wednesday with My Creative Time.

Hello and welcome back to another Inspire Me Wednesday with My Creative Time!  I made a quite clean and simple card with a bit of easy watercolouring and the inlaid die cutting technique all on shaped card base!  It may sound like a lot but it was super easy.

I started by stamping one of the flower images from the Healing Wishes Stamp and Die Set onto a piece of Strathmore Mixed Media paper.  I used Versafine Black Onyx Ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.



This is a detailed stamp so by embossing the image, it helps prevent any colour from bleeding over the lines.  I used my Tombow Dual Brush Pens for all the colouring.

Once I was done with that, which took all of 5 minutes, I used one of the large ovals from the Scalloped Stitched Oval Dies and cut around the image.  I lined up the "friends" word die from the Friendships Are Forever Stamp and Die Set right over top of the floral image.


This cuts the positive, the actual word, and leaves a negative space. The negative space allows for the die cut word to be placed back in which gives us the inlaid die cutting technique!!!  When doing this technique, you can glue the positive piece back flat or raised. I prefer to raise the die cut up to make it stand out a bit more.

I die cut the word again with some craft foam then glued the paper die cut on top. Sometimes this can be tricky as the foam wants to distort slightly. I always adhere the paper die cut before removing the foam one...does this make sense??


For my card base, I used the largest of the dies from the Scalloped Stitched Oval dies. I cut two, scored one about 3/4 inch from the top, applied some Scar-Tape and adhered the two together.


I first adhered the white panel onto the base using tape runner and inlaid the "friends" using liquid glue.  NOTE: make sure you keep any bits and bobs that are part of the die! Like the centres of the "d" and "e". These will need to be placed back as well.


I put a whole lot of Glossy Accents on the vase as well as the berries, some sparkle pen to the "friends" and a spattering of clear sequins.


Thank you for stopping in today!! I appreciate your visit!

See you soon, friends!!

Laurie






6 comments:

  1. Pretty!! Love the shape!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, nice to see something besides a regular A2 card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! Love the design! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful technique...beautiful card!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the tips and how you showed how you made it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Miss Laurie. WOW What a Gorgeous Card!! I read your recipe and and was in awe after doing so and then seeing your step by step process I was in even more awe seeing it all come together and the results is Dpectacular!! YOU so did a Duper Outstanding Creative Job!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...