Thursday, June 7, 2018

A Little Announcement!!!

Hi friends!!  I have some exciting news to share with you today!!  I've recently joined the Design Team for Scrap N' Stamp Canada!!!  This is an online retailer of all my favourite crafty supplies in Canada including My Favourite Things, Lawn Fawn, Concord and 9th and many more!!

I wanted to share a quick project made using supplies that can be purchased in the shop!! I think this card shows what my style of cardmaking is.  Clean, simple and hopefully, cute!!

One of my favourite stamp sets from Hero Arts is the Believe in Yourself Narwhal set. The images are just so cute and the sentiments are perfect for any sort of encouragement card!!


I did some quick colouring with Copic markers and used the co-ordinating dies to cut out the images. For the background, I used the Sunrise Radiating Rays stencil from MFT along with Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick and Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide Inks.  I really wanted a bright, contrasting colour to the warm grey of the narwhal.


The "ocean" part of the ink blending was done in Broken China Distress Oxide Ink. I added some Glossy Accents to a few areas on the images to give some dimension and shine!


And some Nuvo Jewel Drops in the colour Sea Breeze finish off this card!!  I love to create simple scenes like this where the focal image "pops"!!

I am so excited and happy to be a part of this team and can't wait to showcase products that are available right here in Canada!!!

Thank you for stopping by today!!  See you soon!

Laurie








1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness! What fabulous news! Well done you - and very well deserved as I can see from a very witty and very you card. The colour of the sun rays is perfect xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...