Monday, June 18, 2018

Maple Syrup Monday with Catherine Pooler Designs

Hello friends!!  Colleen from Maple Syrup Designs and I are taking another look at Catherine Pooler Designs stamps and dies...and inks!!

I used the recently released Wonderful Wildflowers stamp set for my project today.  This stamp set has co-ordinating dies but I didn't actually use those today. I started by stamping many of the images with Versamark Ink and heat embossed them with white heat embossing powder.

I used Rose Petals, Peppermint Scrub and Skylight inks to blend some colour onto each image. The white embossing resists the ink.  I used a combination of Green Tea and Eucalyptus ink for the leaves.


I fussy cut each image out. In the end, you'll notice that I did not use the small red flower. Each flower comes with three layers: the outline, a full stamp which fills in the outline and one detail layer. To give a bit of interest to the flowers, I stamped the detail layer in the same ink I used to blend the colour.


After I fussy cut each image, I jazzed up the white card front using a light grey ink, a stencil with small polka dots and an oval mask cut out of a piece of typing paper and an oval die.



I stamped the "wonderful" word from the set in both the Peppermint Scrub and Rose Petals ink to create a soft ombre look.  I ended up fussy cutting around the word so I could pop it up off the card.


I adhered all the images with a combination of foam adhesive and liquid glue.


I added a bit of Clear Sparkle Overlay pen to the darker parts of the flowers.  It reacted a bit with the ink, but the effect is pretty.


I finished the card off with a few Sparkling Clear Sequins.


Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed today's card!!

Until next time....stay crafty!!

Laurie














1 comment:

  1. Hurrah for fussy cutting - you really embraced it on this card! I really like the added interest with the grey through the stencil as well. Nicely done! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...