Thursday, June 21, 2018

Oceans of Birthday Wishes with Craftin Desert Divas!

Hello friends and welcome back!! I'm back to share a fun Summer themed card with you!!  The past couple Craftin Desert Divas releases have had some absolutely amazing summer themed stamps and dies, so this card was so fun and quite easy to make!!

I started by picking the umbrella and the cute little mouse on her beach blanket from the Waving Hello stamp set and did a little masking to make them into one image.


I stamped the umbrella first, applied the mask and then stamped the mouse.


Always stamp what you want in the foreground first!!!  I coloured up this cutie with my alcohol markers.


For the background, I used the Bright Horizons Stencil along with Wild Honey, Scattered Straw and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks. 


This stencil is so beautiful and gives such a great result!


To complete my scene, I of course, used the Beach Scene Dies. This has to be one of my all time favourite and most used die sets!!  I cut the "beach" die out of white cardstock and used Tea Dye Distress Ink for some colour.  I cut the pretty scallop die from the Outdoor Landscapes Two Die set out of white cardstock as well and used Peacock Feathers Distress Ink on it.  I ended up cutting a piece of vellum with this same die.


I fussy cut the sweet little mouse and thought I needed one more element to this card...a bird!  So, I die cut the bird from the Scene Builder Dies and applied a light grey ink.



I decided to cut down my stencilled background as well as all the die cut pieces with the largest of the Fancy Frames Die set.  This gave everything a beautiful scalloped edge.


I simply layered each piece onto the scalloped card panel using tape runner adhesive.  I did use foam tape for the mouse.


The sentiment comes from the Mermaid Lagoon set and was stamped on a thin strip of cardstock which I angled at one end.


Of course, every card of mine has to have some sparkle and shine, so I added some clear sparkle to the pink areas and added Glossy Accents over top!!  And don't forget about the Shimmer Sequins!!


And that's my Summer Themed card for you today!!  I hope you enjoyed!!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!!  Until next time...stay crafty!

Laurie

Here is a full list of CDD Products used:






























1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! Thanks for showing all the steps you took to create this fun card! I'll have to try your techniques soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...