Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Create A Smile Stamps Challenge...Kraft!!

Hello my lovely friends and welcome back!!  Today I'm super excited to make the official announcement that I am on the Create A Smile Stamps Challenge Team, yay!!  I adore CAS stamps. They are fun, adorable and totally unique!!  I'm so honoured to be a part of this team with some incredible designers from all over the world!!

This is a bi-weekly challenge and for the first challenge of 2019, you are asked to use kraft! Kraft cardstock, embellishments, ink, you name it!!  As always, you'll be playing for a £25 gift card to the Create A Smile shop! For a full list of the challenge rules and to link your projects, please visit the Create A Smile Challenges Blog!!
I used a lot of kraft on my project today, including using my alcohol markers to colour the main image!  If you haven't tried your alcohol markers on kraft paper, I encourage you to do so!  I love the effect!


I used the sweet fox from the Cool Buddies Stamp Set. This is one of my all time CAS stamps sets!!  Because the image was stamped on the kraft paper, just a little bit of shading with my markers was necessary.  Now, I usually fussy cut my images leaving a border around the edge, but because I was popping him up onto a white "hill", I thought it would look better to cut right against the stamped line.  

Speaking of the hill, I used the Magical Frame Cool Cuts Die Set to frame my cute little fox. Because I used quite a bit of the kraft, I decided to break it up with some white accents like the faux stitching (white gel pen), a white mat behind the Cool Cuts die, the white hill and by using a white card base.


To add a bit of texture, I used a polka dot embossing folder on the large, kraft panel.  I actually did this before stamping my sentiment (please, don't do this) but by using my Mini Misti, I was able to stamp twice getting a fairly good result!  

I hope you enjoyed my take on this challenge!  I hope you will play along with us, we cannot wait to see what you make!!


Until next time...stay crafty!!

Laurie











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...