Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Create A Smile Stamps Challenge.."L is for..."

Welcome back, my friends!! Today is the start of another challenge over on the Create A Smile Stamps Blog!!  The theme is "L is for...", which could mean love, laugh, lost etc.  But because we are approaching the Valentines season, I went with a love themed card!


I actually tried a bit of a "technique" on this card! Well, experiment really.  First, I mixed some irridescent glitter and white embossing paste. I don't any glitter paste so I tried to make my own.  It worked fairly well but I wish I had used more glitter.


I applied the mixture through the Heart Rays Stencil onto watercolour paper.  The texture is awesome but like I said, I should have added more glitter!  I actually used my heat tool to dry the paste and had no issues with it bubbling up.  After it was dried, I added Mermaid Lagoon, Picked Raspberry and Dusty Concord Distress Inks to my surface and added a generous amount of water.  I used a paint brush to drop in the colours randomly.  I wasn't sure how the paste was going to react with the water but it held up surprisingly well!!  It did soften if there was a little too much water but it hardened up again fairly quickly!!


What was the most interesting was the fact that I could add a bit of water to each heart, dab with a paper towel, and a lot of the ink that was on top lifted...I was really quite amazed!!

I trimmed the stencilled piece down so it would fit into the second largest Scalloped Rectangle Dies
(I wanted the cute dot detail to show). I didn't really want to cover too much of the background, so I chose the tiny bird from the brand new From My Nest Stamp Set, used the same Distress Ink colours to colour and fussy cut him/her out!




For the sentiment, I used the Colour Your Heart Out Stamp Set along with the new Speech Bubble Cool Cuts.  These speech bubbles are a must have!  There are so many different sizes and they all face a different way so they're very versatile!!  I used foam tape to pop up the bird and bubbles and adhered the scalloped panel onto a 3.75 X 5 inch card base!  And that called it finished!!

I hope you'll play along with us!! I love visiting your blogs and feeds to see what you've created!!  And remember, you're playing for a €25 gift card to the Create A Smile Stamps Shop!!  Please visit the Challenge Blog for all the details!

Thank you so much for stopping by!! See you soon!

Laurie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...