Sunday, May 5, 2019

Paper Smooches Flower Challenge!!



Hello friends!!  It has been awhile since I've participated in any sort of challenge...not design team related.  Paper Smooches always has great challenges, and I used to participate in them often!  So, when I seen this month's challenge, "Flowers", I just had to play along!


I dug through my PS stash of stamps and dies and chose the Best Buds stamp set for all my flowers.  I picked the small florals in the stamp and using the Gina K Wreath Builder Template, created a 4X4 wreath.


I stamped everything in a alcohol marker safe, grey ink.  I thought I'd stray away from a bold, black ink.  I coloured all those adorable flowers with Copic markers.


My collection of Copics is fairly small, so I tend to use the same colours over and over in my projects. But I don't mind, I LOVE these colours!  I was flip flopping on what to do next and thought I'd place a cute critter in the centre of the wreath. So I used the bee and the bear images from the Courteous Cuties stamp set and used the co-ordinating dies to cut them out.  


And yes, I decided to cut the centre of my wreath out using the smallest of the Pinked Circle Dies. I found that with all that stamping, the critters got "lost". Plus, I didn't really want to cover too much of those pretty flowers!


After I die cut the circle out of the front panel, I lined everything up and cut it out of the front of the cardbase as well.  I stamped the sentiment (from Courteous Cuties) onto the positive die cut using white embossing powder and adhered it onto the inside of the card.  I added a ton of foam adhesive to the stamped panel and popped it on top.


Of course, I didn't let those critters go to waste!  I glued the bear on the inside of the card and he looks super cute there!!


I was going to add some sequins to the front, but went with a few white gel pen details instead.


I'm really happy with the way this card turned out. I'm not gonna lie, this one took me awhile :)



Thanks for stopping by today!! See you soon!

Laurie





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful coloring. Loved how you used the image inside. Nice idea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...