Wednesday, May 15, 2019

"Masking" Challenge...Create A Smile Stamps!

Welcome to another fun challenge for Create A Smile Stamps!  This one is ALWAYS a challenge to me and that's masking!  I'm a fairly lazy card maker so when it comes to masking, I rarely do it.  While I don't mind fussy cutting images, cutting masks always seems like such a chore!  However, every time I create a project with masking, I am amazed at how cool the look can be!

I made a masked background as well as a separate masked scene for my card.  I used the Scene Builders Stamp Set for the majority.  I started by stamping the house image onto a card panel, then using a mask cut from a full stick Post-It Note, covered the image and stamped it again, overlapping the two. I needed 3 masks in total to create the background.


On a separate piece of cardstock, I stamped out a scene using some of the trees and shrubs from the set. I started with the little shrub at the front of the house and worked from there. You always start with the foremost image!  It always takes me awhile to figure this out :)


I fussy cut around the scene leaving a small white border so it would stand out a little from the background.  I used shades of grey for the background panel and went all out with the colour on the separate scene.  I glued the coloured images directly over the FIRST house I stamped on the background panel!


The sentiment comes from the Small Sentiments Stamp Set which works perfectly with the Speech Bubble Cool Cuts.  I added some sparkle pen and Nuvo Crystal Glaze to all the round windows as well as the windows and door of the coloured house. I popped the speech bubble up with some foam adhesive and added a die cut heart as well as some stitiching detail to match the stamping!


I really hope you'll join us as we LOVE to see your creations!!  Remember, you have a chance of winning a €25 gift certificate to the Create A Smile Stamps Shop!! Please visit the CAS Challenge Page where you'll find more inspiration along with link up information!!!

Thanks for stopping by!! See you soon!!






1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...