Thursday, February 27, 2020

Gina K Designs February 2020 Release...Guest!

Hello, my friends and welcome back! I'm super excited (and honoured) to be a part of the Gina K Designs February release!  All the amazing new products are available now and you can find them here!!

I've used the new Woodland Whimsy Stamp Set which was illustrated by the oh-so-talented Lisa Hetrick. If you're not familiar with her stamp sets, you can find them all right here!  Her style is so unique and so beautiful!

I've created three different cards using the set and will share them over the next few weeks! Today, we'll start with this one:


 I chose one of the flower stamps as well as one solid leaf and one open leaf leaves images. Using Fog Ink from Simon Says Stamp, I stamped a random pattern onto a white panel. I decided to add some dots to fill in the pattern even more so I used the Lots of Dots Stamp Set from Simon. Once the stamping was done, I used a rectangle die to cut out the middle portion.

I have to admit, I didn't really think this plan through too well. My intention was NOT to do no-line colouring. I should have used a darker ink. But, at this point, I thought I'd see where this ended up! On the centre portion, I coloured up all the open images with alcohol markers. I did not take my time with this. As I laid the colours down, the basic shape of the flower appeared. No two are coloured the same. I actually love the way it turned!


I stamped the large sentiment right over top of the colouring using a darker shade of grey ink. I adhered the uncoloured, frame portion to a white, A2 cardbase and popped up the inner portion with some craft foam.


I added a few clear gems and called this card done!  I really hope you like it!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Be sure to visit again, as I'll have more to show you using the stamp set!

Please visit the Gina K Designs shop to check out all the fab, new products!

See you soon!

Laurie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...