Thursday, March 5, 2020

Woodland Whimsy...Gina K Designs

Hello!! Today I'm sharing my second card using the new Woodland Whimsy Stamp Set from the latest release from Gina K Designs.  This gorgeous set was designed by Lisa Hetrick and is just beautiful! You can check out all of Lisa designs, here!

I did one of my favourite techniques on this card, Copic colouring with heat embossing on kraft cardstock.


I first stamped that beautiful cluster of flowers onto a piece of kraft cardstock using a light, copic friendly ink. In the case, Memento Desert Sand. NOTE: A stamp positioning tool is key here as you need to restamp in precisely the right spot after the colouring is done!! I used some pinks and purples to colour the flowers and a couple greens for the stems. What I love about this technique is that you don't have to worry about the details. Because you'll be adding all those back when you heat emboss! When the colouring was done, I popped the panel back into my Misti, inked up the stamp with Versamark Ink and added the gold embossing powder. 


I used a rectangle die and did a bit of partial die cutting. I wanted the petals of the one flower to overhang slightly. This was easy to do. I lined up the die and only put the top cutting plate where I wanted it to cut. I used my Fiskars trimmer (with the guide wire) to line up the top and bottom cuts then trimmed around the flower with my scissors.


I heat embossed the sentiment in the same gold, embossing powder, foam mounted the panel on to an ivory, top fold card base and added a few sequins for a finishing touch. I love the subtle shades the markers give on kraft cardstock.

I hope you enjoyed today's clean and simple project using the new Woodland Whimsy Stamp Set from Gina K and Lisa Hetrick!

I have one more card to share using the amazing set so be sure to visit again!!

Laurie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...