Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Canada, Eh? Blog Hop for Scrap N Stamp Canada

 We're celebrating Canada Day today with a fun blog hop brought to you by Scrap N Stamp Canada!


I made a very simple, very quick card. I don't generally give or mail these types of cards, do you?
I also do not have many "patriotic" sets in my stash so I had to improvise!


I used one of the zebras from the Zippy Zebras set from MFT. I actually drew the flag myself, fussy cut it out and attached it to the zebra.

I foam mounted the zebra and added a bit of "grass" using one of the Grassy Hillside Borders Dies from Lawn Fawn. I added a couple of clouds from another set in my stash. Any cloud stamps would work here.


For a bit of interest and to break up some of the white space, I added some doodled borders in opposite sides of the card.

The sentiment comes from an older set from PhotoPlay called O Canada. This is an adorable set and worth checking out!


I love the simplicity of this card and it was so quick and easy to make.

PRIZES

This month there are 3 prize packs up for grabs! There will be one winner chosen from comments left on the hop, one winner from comments made on our Facebook Page and one winner from comments made on our respective Instagram posts.  Winners will be announced on the SNS Blog on July 15th, 2020.

BLOG HOP LINEUP



I hope you all have a fantastic day and thank you for hopping along with us!
Happy Canada Day!!






30 comments:

  1. This is truly a Canadian card! Canada celebrates everyone's colour, stripes and spots! I love how you made this stamp work for the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say "oop" all the time!! That's hilarious. I love your zippy zebra - congratulations on making that awesome flag yourself :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Zippy Zebra, waving his totally awesome flag!!!!! Admiring your doodled borders,and am hoping that some day I can say I pulled an old set from my stash...and created something wonderful. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card Laurie, love the fun of it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Laurie, what's cuter than a zebra waving a flag? Nothing! LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great card! Definitely made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that zebra! And your borders are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card. Your flag is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are some people on my recipient list who prefer simple cards and others who love all the trimmings and embellishments. I like to keep them personalized. So this simple card works for me. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card! I love the clean and simple look, nice corners too! I am all for celebrating Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this CAS card! It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so adorable! I love the little bit of glitter in the heart and the clouds too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card with this cute zebra! Love the flag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love zebras but I'm wondering where in Canada you live that they are your local Fauna? ;) Sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a darling card! I LOVE your little doodles on the edges and thanks for the Canadian language definition ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How adorable your zebra, waving his Canadian flag with pride! Soooo cute! I'm impressed that your flag is hand-drawn; perhaps it can be made into a stamp! Love this!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a cute card but I'm like you, I don't normally give out Happy Canada Day cards

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun card. I also do not have any "patriotic" stamps and its all about improvising. Love this cute zebra and the great flag you drew.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Laurie. Nice job on the flag. It looks like it was stamped. Love the card and the doodle accent on the corners gives it a finished touch. Simple, cute, and Canadian! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute zebra and great flag. What a fun card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute, and nice work on the hand drawn flag! All that’s missing is a hockey stick! 😆

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that zebra! It is so cute as is your card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cute patriotic zebra! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a cute commemoration of our beautiful country!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is showing that all are welcome in Canada’s melting pot...love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. very cute, love the zebra, move over beaver and moose!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your card! The black and white design makes the Canadian flag really pop. Cartoon Zebras are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous card! Love the Canadian flag with a heart and adorable zebra! Cute sentiment too! Beautiful eh!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...