Thursday, July 2, 2020

No Line Watercolour with Create A Smile Stamps

Hello and welcome! Today I'm sharing a card made with stamps from Create A Smile Stamps along with the no-line watercolour technique!


I'm no expert at this and tend to mess with things too much. I'm constantly trying to move the colour around and usually end up overworking it. The key to watercolouring is patience and I don't have a ton of that, haha!  

My go to ink for no line techniques is the No Line Ink from The Stamp Market. I love the foam pad and it usually only requires one impression, even on watercolour paper!  

I used the gorgeous Pure Poppies Stamp Set from Create A Smile. I went for a pinkish-purple flower. My medium of choice was Derwent Inktense Blocks which have been gathering a bit of dust. Every time I use them, I ask myself "why aren't you using these more!?". Of course, you can use the pencils! 


When the colouring was done, I placed the Petals Stencil (CAS) over the top and used a light blue colour to trace around each opening. Because the Inktense are waterproof when dry, you don't have to worry about reactivating the colour! It's very faint but still adds detail!  I trimmed the panel down and added some Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges.  

I did some partial die cutting of the second largest Scalloped Rectangles Die to fit the floral panel. I adhered the two together with tape adhesive then foam mounted it to an ivory card base.

The sentiment comes from the Favourite Everything Stamp Set and was white heat embossed onto black cardstock. The small banner comes from the Useful Banner Dies.



Thanks for stopping in today! Hope you enjoyed today's card and will come back to visit again!!

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...