Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Rainbow Thinking of You Card with Create A Smile Stamps!

Hello friends and welcome!  Today, I made a rainbow "thinking of you" card featuring stamps and dies from Create a Smile Stamps.


I started by taking one of the banner dies from the Useful Banner Die Set and cut rainbow strips of card stock. I adhered the banners one by one onto a scrap piece of cardstock so it became one piece and easy to move around.

To add a bit of texture and interest, I chose a few of the solid images from the Wildflowers Stamp Set and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. I love this look. It lets the background show through yet it also darkens the cardstock where it's embossed!


After a dry run of panel placement, I decided to clear heat emboss directly onto the card base as well. Hard to see but the texture is awesome!!

I used fun foam to adhere the rainbow panel. The sentiment is a combination of the You Twice Die and the All About You Stamp Set. In retrospect, I wish I had white heat embossed the "thinking of" but I'm still happy with the way this turned out!

Thanks so much for dropping by! See you soon!

Laurie



1 comment:

  1. Love this! What a brilliant way to use up scrap cardstock :) Looks brilliant with the embossed details on the top. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...